Institution: Centre College
Location: Danville, KY
- Admin – Academic Advising
- Admin – International Programs and Services
Application Due: 06/12/2018
Type: Full Time
Manages the day-to-day administration of the college’s domestic and international programs and assists the Director in all tasks. This position reports to the Director for Global Citizenship, requires after-hours availability and willingness to travel as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides student- and faculty-centered support throughout the proposal, recruitment, pre-departure, off-campus, and re-entry processes;
- Advises students on abroad opportunities and application and selection processes;
- Advises selected students on course options; assists with abroad course registration; liaises between students, appropriate Centre faculty and programs, and Registrar for course fulfillments;
- Advises students and faculty on passport, visa and immigrations processes and provides necessary documentation for visas;
- Provide support and information to parents/guardians of students studying abroad;
- Serve as point of contact for finance office and financial aid office regarding payments, costs, etc.;
- Works with numerous offices on campus to coordinate finances, housing, meal plans, scholarships, and more for students studying abroad;
- Assists the Director in recruitment for abroad programs, including creating all recruitment materials, updating website, maintaining and processing online application system;
- Responds and helps to resolve escalated overseas problems and emergencies;
- Schedules, creates agendas for, and leads pre-departure meetings;
- Assists the Director in managing travel medicine clinics and safety meetings for all participants;
- Maintains faculty and student abroad handbooks, study abroad Moodle portal, forms, etc.;
- Maintains college’s study abroad participant databases;
- Collects and analyzes study abroad assessments;
- Assists Director in monitoring and informing students, parents, and campus constituents about State Department travel alerts and warnings;
- Assists Director in completing administrative, third-party assessments and reports, including the annual IIE Open Doors Survey;
- Maintains regular contact with Centre’s various domestic and international partners, especially Reading, Glasgow, YPU, Shanghai, DC, Marista, Segovia, and Regensburg;
- Member of the Off-Campus Programs Committee, and participant on other ad hoc committees as needed.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Periodic special projects as assigned by the Director;
- Represents the Director and the Center for Global Citizenship;
- Contributes to the overall success of the department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated experience working in higher education and with international programs/travel services
Knowledge and Skills:
- Self-motivated, detailed, solution-oriented and flexible, with the ability to work independently and closely with a diverse group of colleagues in occasional high-pace, high-stress environments. Willingness to work well with numerous constituencies at Centre College and abroad, including administrators, staff, faculty students and parents.
- Extensive written and oral communication skills. Ability to use the following programs: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, CARS, Dreamweaver, WordPress. Must be able to organize and manage multiple assignments.
Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs. Mobility on campus and ability to travel abroad necessary.
Contact: Centre College
Online App. Form: http://www.centre.jobs
Centre College is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. Centre strives to create an environment where differences are celebrated rather than discouraged, where the individuals have the opportunity to exchange ideas and share in the richness of mutual experiences. Please view the Statement of Community. For information concerning the college, visit our web site at www.centre.edu