Associate Director Of Development Exempt Position Description Legal Aid Society in Louisville ky
Purpose of job: To serve as the Associate Director of Development for the Legal Aid Society, formulating development plans, setting development goals, formulating grant plans, setting work goals to accomplish grant plants, managing communications, planning special fundraising events, setting event goals, and working in concert with the Executive Director and Director of Development and Communications to guide the development of funds to sustain the agency’s mission. Work Environment: Work is performed in the office setting and in the community. Reports to the Director of Development and Communications and Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Implement organizational annual grants and development plan.
- Develop and maintain relationships with funders and other parties who have the ability to assist Legal Aid accomplish its mission.
- Formulate fundraising campaigns.
- Develop and maintain of a calendar of grant funding sources.
- Develop grant opportunities and proposals.
- Manage grant progress and submission of reports in coordination with Development Director and Advocacy Director.
- Develop outcomes measures to use in grant application and report processes in coordination with Advocacy Director and Development Director.
- Provide donor and grant database management and oversight.
- Receive and process donations and generate acknowledgement letters.
- Plan and execute donor cultivation events in concert with the Director of Development and Communications.
- Ensure quality donor data management and preparation of donor correspondence.
- Develop communications and social media posts conveying the office’s mission and work activities. 13. Assist in development of Board training and communication matters related to development.
- Set grant and fundraising goals in concert with Director of Development and Communications and Executive Director.
- Assist Board Development Committee in coordination with Development Director to develop and execute annual development plan.
- Provide Director of Development and Communications with additional development support as needed.
- Foster teamwork, cooperation, continuous improvement, and resultsoriented outcomes through work on grants and fundraising projects with staff.
- Serves as a member of the management team.
- Participate in management meetings, decisions, and activities.
- Serve as a management designee in disciplinary and grievance processes.
- Participate in strategic and long-range planning of the organization.
- Control development expenses in coordination with Development Director and works within approved budget.
- Handle confidential donor and staff information with professionalism and good judgment in coordination with other members of the management team, including the Executive Director.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings.
- Occasional night and weekend work hours; some local and out of town travel.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to set and meet significant fundraising goals.
- Dedication to mission of pursuing justice for people living in poverty.
- Fundamental understanding of fundraising principles and grant-writing process.
- Effective oral and written communications skills and ability to convey Legal Aid mission and goals in a clear and effective manner.
- Familiarity with donor databases preferred.
- Ability to manage workload in a systematic manner, multi-task, and manage tight deadlines.
- Ability to treat confidential information appropriately.
- Skills to complete a sufficient volume of work based on division of priorities.
- Proactive thinker. Identifies problems and defines central issues, evaluates options, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to work independently and manage several projects at a time with little direction.
- Diligent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work with colleagues at various levels, contribute to a harmonious work atmosphere, display interest in assisting other employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft environment, electronic mail, and World Wide Web research.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle, hold a valid driver’s license, and be able to be insured under the Legal Aid Society auto insurance policy.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls or equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other: The statements contained in this job description reflect general details necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or to otherwise balance the workload.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to Meagen Peden Agnew at the Legal Aid Society (416 W. Muhammad Ali Blvd., Suite 300, Louisville, KY 40202) or to email@example.com.