Position: Associate Pastor of Youth and Discipleship
Company: Lewisport Baptist Church
Submit your resume to email@example.com . We will be accepting resumes until midnight Monday, May 21st.
The Associate Pastor of Youth and Discipleship will execute the development of a comprehensive student education program for grades 7 through 12 at Lewisport Baptist Church. He will provide spiritual leadership for both students and parents to develop, equip and nurture Christ-centered disciples. He will work with, and be part of, the MLT leadership team representing the student ministry as well as evaluating, planning and executing a discipleship strategy to support the mission statement and objectives of the church.
Bachelor’s degree (or higher) and preferred seminary education (graduate or current student).
The Associate Pastor of Youth and Discipleship must demonstrate a strong Christian testimony, maturing faith in Christ and the ability to clearly articulate the Gospel. He must fulfill the Biblical qualifications of a pastor as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4, and affirm the Baptist Faith and Message. He shall model a Christ-centered home and personal life and he shall exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills that allow him to communicate a clear vision for youth ministry and discipleship. The ability to successfully work within a team, lead volunteers and direct lay leaders is a must.
- Implement an exciting, Christ-centered, gospel shaped approach to Youth ministry by leveraging Biblical training, Community events, gospel-centered teaching environments and relationships to encourage faith in the students of Lewisport Baptist Church.
- Lead weekly worship gatherings and small group teaching opportunities for middle and high school students.
- Equip youth parents by providing theological and practical training and discipleship and Biblical counseling as needed
- Support the development of student ministries within our middle school and high school campuses
- Recruit, equip and provide resources to student mentors, volunteers and teachers
- Pursue students and families who are disconnected from student ministry
- Regularly share the gospel with non-believers.
- Work with the student ministry team to plan and manage the Student Ministry calendar.
- Provide information to the congregation during quarterly business meetings about the activities of the Student Ministry as well as opportunities for involvement within the Youth Ministry.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled by Senior Pastor.
- Create and manage the Youth Ministry budget
- Other pastoral duties such as preaching, visitation, weddings, funerals, etc as needed and directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Continually seek out opportunities for personal and professional development by attending conferences and other teaching opportunities in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
- Work along-side the Discipleship Coordinator to coordinate discipleship activities such as Sunday School, Community Groups, Small group Bible studies and one-on-one discipleship opportunities
- Assist Senior pastor in planning and teaching new membership classes
- Recruit, train and assist teachers
- Assist Senior pastor in selecting and implementing curriculum for church discipleship programs for Youth and Adult studies