In this role, you will:
- Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
- Write news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Enterprise news stories.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, data visualization etc.) to enhance stories.
- Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
- Coach and inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, EDIUS and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our