Tim Hortons Foundation Camps help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-year, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
What would you be doing?
- establish relationships with youth that reflect respect, trust and empathy
- support the successful execution of intentional camp programs, connecting them back to the program outcomes
- encourage camper development at their own pace recognizing their achievements
- respond appropriately when addressing challenging camper behaviours as they arise
- model healthy choices and emotional maturity
- exhibit a constant duty of care for our campers, and appropriately assess and respond to risks
- be challenged physically and mentally as you live in an overnight camp for 10 day sessions, with 2 days of break in between
Does this sound like you?
- at least 18 years old
- experienced at working with youth aged 12 – 16
- certified in Standard First Aid or are willing to obtain
- pursuing post-secondary education in recreation, outdoor/adventure education, teaching or related field (considered an asset)
- able to provide an acceptable criminal background check
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment, and seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tims Camps is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the Ontario Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.
Website Address for Applying Online https://grnh.se/f93eaca82us