||You remember what it was like growing up. You remember people who made an impact on your life and you want to be that someone for young people. You enjoy being on the front lines with youth and being responsible for their continuous care in the camp or wilderness setting.
If this sounds like you, consider an opportunity as a Camp Counsellor with the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation.
• establish relationships with youth that reflect respect, trust and empathy
• support the successful execution of camp activities and wilderness trip experiences, connecting them back to the THCF Youth Leadership Program Framework
• encourage camper development through their own processing and readiness, and recognize their achievements
• use respectful, positive behaviour management techniques
• model healthy choices and emotional maturity
• exhibit a constant duty of care for our campers, and appropriately assess and respond to risks
• be challenged physically and mentally as you live in an overnight camp or wilderness setting for 10 day sessions, with 2 days of break in between
• learn that the challenge is also rewarding, and will experience personal growth alongside the campers you are supporting
• at least 18 years old
• pursuing post-secondary education in recreation, outdoor/adventure education, teaching or related field
• experienced at working with youth aged 12 – 16
• are skilled in positive behavior management and have demonstrated group leadership skills
• certified in Standard First Aid or Wilderness First Aid (WFA), or are willing to obtain
• able to provide an acceptable criminal background check
• able to join us between May 27, 2018 and August 31, 2018
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation…
• believes that thriving youth create stronger communities
• understands that youth from low-income homes face greater obstacles to reaching their potential
• fosters strengths within youth, and empowers them to pursue a life without limits
• uses the power of camp and community as a catalyst for change
• builds teams who like to have fun while sparking constructive actions in others
• provides our team with many training, development and travel opportunities
To learn more about our Youth Leadership Program, click here.
To learn more about our Campbellsville, Kentucky camp location, click here.