Location: Louisville, KY
Category: Therapist/ Social Worker- Adult Pregnancy Post-Partum Team
At Centerstone, our mission is delivering care that changes people’s lives. For over 60 years, Centerstone has been providing community-based behavioral health care, substance-abuse treatment and intellectual and developmental disabilities services in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. We’re committed to bringing passionate and customer experience-focused individuals to help us continue to provide the best care to our communities. If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Under moderate supervision, provides clinical services to assigned client populations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs clinical services, including intakes and therapeutic interventions such as group, individual, and family therapy, and crisis intervention.
- Maintains and completes service documentation such as psychosocial assessments, case notes, case reviews, court reports, letters, etc., according to prescribed standards.
- Conducts case reviews and determines current and future treatment and treatment planning based upon resulting quantitative results and professional opinion of client progress.
- Collaborates with external agents including school officials, family members, and other health agencies regarding organizational programs and client needs and conditions.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, treatment planning meetings, case conferences, and clinical seminars providing information relating to program administration and development.
- Writes correspondence on behalf of clients and their families such as court reports, letters of recommendation, etc., according to prescribed standards.
- The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Master’s degree in social services field with certification or licensure in area of specialization (e.g., LPCC, LPCA, LMFT, Marriage and Family Therapy Associate)
- Three to six months of related internship or practicum experience.
- Basic knowledge of mental and physical characteristics of applicable population group (e.g., growth and development and range of treatment needed), psychotherapy, human behavior, treatment modes, and related issues.
- Basic knowledge of community resources and CKY services.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle a case load with varying levels of client disability and need.
- Position has some unusual physical demands, including occasional exposure to threat of bodily harm from clients or their families.
- Normal work tasks may involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue.
- Position at times may require incumbent to remain on twenty-four hour call.
- Reliable transportation for frequent travel.
*Incumbents/new hires with either of these master’s degrees must ensure that they are not practicing without a license or evading professional licensing/certification laws. To comply with such laws, incumbents/new hires with either of these master’s degrees must sign their notes as professional equivalents. Those who have earned either of these master’s degrees AND a corresponding license or certification (e.g., CSW, LCSW, Licensed Psychologist) may not hold this job title.
Within the bounds of their respective job descriptions, all staff are expected to exercise principle-centered leadership, focused on customer service responsiveness, with a continuous quality improvement orientation. Additionally, all staff are expected to develop a working knowledge of and follow all policies and procedures related to safety management and other Joint Commission standards.
< >Knowledge of normal growth and development and of culture/ethnicity relevant to age groups/populations servedUse results of assessments, reassessments, including client strengths and preferences, to construct a case conceptualizationApply DSM 5 criteria to diagnose mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disordersIf substance use disorder is primary, assesses the readiness of client for treatment via stage of changeUtilize case conceptualization and problem areas to guide development and collaboration with clients to build individualized Treatment PlansUtilize EBPs and clinical techniques in sessionsMeasures client progress towards Treatment Plan goals and objectives throughout treatment courseAssess and manage client risk and additional adjunctive services with appropriate and congruent interventions and collaborationAssess client’s measurable progress towards goals/minimum discharge criteria and discharging client when they have met minimum discharge criteriaUtilize Treatment Team and supervision to address client case conference needsManages client caseload and services to maximize direct care client time and reach expected productivity targetsUnderstand role of OTRs to appropriately represent client need for services required for authorization
Holds self-accountable to meet assigned goals in a timely manner; self-determination and self-direction; exceeds expectations
Effective in supporting and handling internal and external customers’ needs
Respects cultural, ethnic, religious, gender, sexual orientation and disability differences; understands impact of own differences on others
Demonstrates ethical behavior in all aspects of work
Effectively express and implement new work solutions; accepts change that takes organization in positive direction
Incorporates consultation/supervision in day-to-day responsibilities; coaches peers, leaders, and/or subordinates
Good interpersonal skills; responsive to internal and external customer needs
Applies technology skills and knowledge to fulfill job responsibilities; ensures confidentiality, security, and integrity of all data
Appropriately impart verbal and written communications that are concise, clear, informative; conduct timely follow ups
Possess and demonstrates both specific and general knowledge and skills needed to perform job
Effective team member; deals tactfully and sensitively with teammates’ feelings and ideas
Adheres to organizational policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
Has knowledge of and adheres to regulations applicable to job (e.g., Joint Commission, AODE, Health & Safety, etc.) and professional licensure regulations that govern profession
Trauma Informed Culture
Realizes overall prevalence of trauma: understands how trauma affects/can affect staff and persons served; practices trauma informed behavior and communication; engages in healing, hopeful, and honest relationships; completes TIC trainings
Delivering Care that Changes People’s Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
- Health & Wellness
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability – Company Paid
- Wellness Programs – Company Paid
- Financial Wellbeing
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance – Company Paid
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
- Retirement and Financial Planning Services
- Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
- Career Development and Growth
- At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
- Opportunities for growth and movement – We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
- Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
- Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Time Off – Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
- Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program – assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being