Ekron Baptist Church
Children and Youth Ministerial Internship
Purpose and Benefit:
The Children & Youth Minister internship seeks to provide a well-balanced ministry for our young people that will seek to evangelize the lost and to help those who are Christians in discipleship.
The purpose of this internship is to provide for the intern an atmosphere within a local church to train, equip, and affirm men for pastoral ministry.
There are five potential benefits in considering this internship:
First, the benefit of a supportive and loving environment of a local church that assumes responsibility for the care, training, and education of the intern.
Second, the receiving of practical understanding and training for the essential areas of ministry within the local church.
Third, gaining an official church position approved by the church that can go on a resume reflecting ministry experience.
Fourth, the opportunity for a local congregation to affirm an individual’s gifts and calling.
Fifth, exposure to a church’s weekly schedule to help an individual evaluate nature of ministry.
Duration: 1 to 2 years
Compensation: Salary: $18,000, Housing and utilities in the church parsonage, book allowance $300, Ministry expense and mileage reimbursement.
Hourly Requirements: Approximately 30 Hours (Weekly) With a flexible schedule to accommodate enrollment in seminary.
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities
Leading in cooperation with the existing leadership and parents the children’s ministries (Birth through 5th grade) and Youth Ministries (6th through 12th grade) of Ekron Baptist Church.
• Develop, promote, and coordinate a balanced program of activities and discipleship ministry to children/youth (i.e. small groups, worship events, camps, retreats, mission trips, etc) under the overall vision of the church
• Provide strong biblical teaching that will help children/youth learn how to glorify God and grow in faith.
• Develop a team of children/youth ministry volunteers through recruitment, training, and discipleship.
· Oversee the weekly children’s church program during the morning service as well as nursery workers and assistants.
· Actively participate in Sunday Evening discipleship programs of children
· Direct quarterly children’s ministry activities.
· Attend children’s camp.
· Lead the Wednesday evening youth programs/discipleship.
· Have direct oversight in all forms of administration for youth camp.(Selection, staffing, budgeting, paperwork, et. al.)
· Plan and direct the various youth activities (Beehive ministry, lock-ins, fundraisers, youth led services, mission night)
Additional Objectives and Responsibilities of the Internship
· Assist with outreach events (Back to School Bash, Fall Festival, Easter Egg Hunt)
· Assist the director with Vacation Bible School
· Care ministry – hospital visits, home visits, etc on an as needed basis
· Preaching in the absence of the pastor.
· All other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor.
· Weekly staff meetings
Ekron Baptist Church is pleased to announce the open position of Intern for Children and Youth. This is a paid internship that will provide a one to two-year opportunity for a person pursuing vocational ministry and desiring to gain experience.
Interns will work alongside the pastor and established leadership in the pursuit to instill in our children, youth, and parents the joy of Christ.
The Internship is based on a thirty hour week and includes a salary and housing.
A full description of the internship and duties can be obtained by emailing: SeniorPastor@EkronBaptistChurch.com