Position title: Children’s Coordinator
Company Name: Southside Christian Church
Location of job: Harrodsburg
Southside Christian Church in Harrodsburg, Kentucky is seeking a part time Children’s Coordinator (Nursery – 5th Grade) to direct, guide and further develop a healthy and dynamic Children’s ministry. Southside is located in central Kentucky (just forty minutes from Lexington, and seventy minutes from Louisville). Southside is a non-denominational independent Christian Church. The church currently runs an average of 200 in attendance. We currently have a mixture of full and part-time ministry and staff positions.
• Experience working in Children’s ministries or teaching experience in a public or private elementary school
• Ability to recruit, motivate, equip and lead children teachers and volunteers
• Experience with Planning Center Online and Simple Church considered a plus
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Lead and staff Sunday morning service and Wednesday night service for Children’s groups
o Nursery – pre-K
o K – 5th
(Also including Holiday services and special events, VBS, etc. as directed by the Elders)
• Follow (and enhance where needed) established curriculum
• Administrate and schedule volunteer workers for Nursery – 5th grade for all services
• Execute appropriate safety and security procedures specific to Children’s ministry
• Manage Children’s ministry budget
• Clean and setup Children’s ministry environments before and after services
• Other responsibilities as agreed upon under the direction of the Elders
Children’s Coordinator hours are Sundays, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30ish and Wednesdays, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. The remaining 6 – 8 hours being flexible through the workweek. This position is a part time paid position under the leadership of the Elders of the church and does not include benefits.
Southside Christian Church
1950 Danville Rd.
PO Box 456
Harrodsburg, KY 40330
Interested candidates may submit a resume with 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org