The Children’s Director is responsible to oversee the entire children’s ministry to ensure a program that operates smoothly and is safe and effective. The Children’s Director will recruit and train leaders who will touch children’s lives with God’s love, teach them God’s Word and provide fellowship with God’s people – laying a foundation that will keep children interested in the things of God and involved in the church.
Reports to: Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor and Children’s Committee
Specific requirements: Candidate must be a born again Christian with a demonstrated love for children and families
Skills or Abilities Desired: Excellent organizational skills, Ability to motivate people, Excellent communication skills, Ability to lead a team, Ability to teach, Ability to present/share the Gospel and lead a child to Christ
Passion for: Influencing and affecting the lives of children with the Gospel of Christ
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children – ages birth through 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, Wednesday nights, special events, etc.
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage Spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Plan and oversee special events, such as: VBS, Fall Festival, Baby Dedications, etc.
- Plan and arrange for children to attend CentriKid (or a similar event), assuming there is sufficient interest from the children.
- Pray daily for the children and the children’s ministry workers.
- Attend weekly Staff Meeting.
- Any other responsibilities that may be deemed necessary by the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, or the Children’s Committee.
- Must faithfully attend both Sunday School and Corporate Worship at GBC.
- Help to equip the families of the children to perform discipleship in the home.
Additional Information: At Greensburg Baptist Church, discipleship is crucial. It is an expectation that Staff Members will provide discipleship to their families. In addition, staff members are routinely held accountable during the weekly staff meetings. The successful candidate will be one who is a team player. In addition, the Children’s Director will be expected to show their support of other programs/ministries throughout the church that are outside the scope of Children’s ministry. In addition, the successful candidate must affirm the Baptist Faithand Message 2000.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have additional questions, please call the church office at 270-932-4495 or contact us through our website at http://www.greensburgbaptist.com