A unique opportunity to serve in an alive, growing church (2000+ members) with a small-town feel. In this beautiful horse-country setting, we minister to people from several large metropolitan cities as well as rural areas. We are seeking a full-time Children’s Ministry Director to serve as a staff member within a vibrant congregation, working with a committed staff and gifted lay leadership in order to nurture children from birth through 5th grade, and their families, in the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
- Must be a committed person of God with a strong relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must demonstrate a love for children and knowledge of child development; possess the ability to establish rapport with them; and lead them in their Christian walk
- Will be expected to become a member of this church
- Must use appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of Forks children in curriculum selection, child discipline, classroom grouping, etc.
- Must be committed to the Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church’s doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs
- Must be able to train and lead volunteers with a team approach to ministry
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university and possession (or be in pursuit of) an advanced degree in Christian Ministry is preferred. A degree in Children’s/Christian Education is preferred but not required. Those who are in the process of acquiring a Bachelor’s degree in Children’s Ministry or Children’s/Christian Education will also be considered.
- Must possess budgeting/financial skills
- Must have basic computer skills and be willing to learn specific programs and protocols
- Must have strong communication/organizational skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively with volunteers and staff
- Must be able to be hands-on in leading Children’s Church, VBS and all other functions of the Children’s Ministry.
- Must be able to work actively with safety/security team and participate in volunteer training
Please send a letter of interest and resume including references to:
Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church
ATTN: Office/Communications Director
495 Duckers Rd
Midway, KY 40347 Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org