FAYETTEVILLE TECHNICAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE in FAYETTEVILLE, NC is seeking qualified applicants for a CLOUD SYSTEMS ANALYST that is a hands-on operational position requiring technical knowledge and expertise within cloud and virtualization. Must have the ability to develop, test, evaluate, and maintain multi-tiered production environments on and off premise. Expertise to include the best security practices and standards such as NIST 800-171, 800-53, PCI DSS, FERPA, GLBA, HIPAA, etc. This position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving. Duties are performed with little supervision and require initiative and judgment.
- Provide expert subject matter services for all cloud services including but not limited to: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google, etc.
- Provide subject matter expertise on cloud automation and security.
- Install, operate, maintain and upgrade Microsoft, Linux, and VMware hosts.
- Installs operating system software, patches, and upgrades within cloud environment.
- Works with IT leadership to design new cloud infrastructure plans and services.
- Develop, document, and validate policies, processes and/or procedures relating to a variety of cloud concepts and standards.
- Analyzes systems performance to identify potential opportunities for improvement in areas such as the virtualized environments, hardware infrastructure, backup and archive systems, data storage environment, and cloud environment systems and services.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve instance, software, and network related cloud issues.
- Develop cloud security metrics. Applies technical knowledge to be a resource for all areas of the College community on implementation of applications, security tools and solutions.
- Assist in the design, installation, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of the College’s disaster recovery processes.
- Works along-side IT security analysts and other MIS staff to properly setup and maintain cloud applications free of risks and vulnerabilities.
- Work with 3rd party cloud vendors to obtain security assessments through software monitoring tools to reduce risk and vulnerabilities to the College.
- Assist with the project development stages of organization, design, implementation, maintenance and analysis.
- Establishes, cultivates, and maintains effective working relationships with internal partners and external constituencies, managing outreach to key partners and leveraging these relationships to best support the seamless execution of admission events.
- Occasionally required to perform maintenance activities and/or respond to emergencies outside the scope of a “normal” working day, 8 am to 5 pm.
- Frequently required to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, and walk.
- Occasionally required to climb stairs.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Hear Audible equipment indicators and verbal communications in the environment.
- Must see with sufficient close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception; and focus adjustment to differentiate light/color intensity and evaluation of perceivable changes in the environment.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Proven technical methods in solving cloud issues involving IT environments.
- Microsoft and Linux server based Operating Systems and Hypervisors.
- Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN) and server database administration (MS SQL, My SQL).
- State government rules and regulations.
- Troubleshooting, problem-solving techniques and repair techniques.
- Database concepts, installations, best practices.
- Track-IT or similar ticket tracking system.
- The following or similar technologies: Azure, AWS, Google, Office 365, VMWare, Cloud Essentials, etc.
- Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, and LDAP.
- Information Technology Security concepts and best practices.
- Principles of Client Server technologies and VMWare Virtual Infrastructure.
- Quickly and efficiently, identify and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain and manage an extensive cloud electronic mail system.
- Develop solutions to cloud automated tools and processes.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of cloud server vetting and patching.
- Identify risks, vulnerabilities and remediate immediately to reduce exposure.
- Plan, organize and prioritize work with a minimal amount of supervision
- Establish and maintain working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Coordinate with multiple 3rd party cloud vendors and develop solutions for potential risks.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds
- Maintain an effective working relationship within the College community.
- Interpret, write and apply College policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
EXPERIENCE/ TRAINING GUIDELINES
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Examples of qualifying experience and training may be found at https://www.higheredjobs.com/admin/details.cfm?JobCode=177245395.
Preferred Requirements- Certifications:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – is preferred
- CompTIA Cloud+ – is preferred
- MCSA: Cloud Platform certification – highly preferred
- GCP – Google Cloud Platform – is preferred.
**For a complete list a vacancies and to apply, please visit: https://faytechcc.peopleadmin.com/