Institution: DePaul University
Location: Chicago, IL
Category: Admin- Human Resources
Contact: DePaul University
Job ID: 3701
Location: Loop Campus
The Compensation Analyst will provide analysis, support, and consultative guidance to an assigned area of the University. Independently performs job evaluation and market-pricing of positions using salary tools to ensure external competitiveness and internal equity. Provides counsel on competitive salary offers and ad-hoc pay changes. Troubleshoots issues related to pay requests and reimbursements. Ensures compensation recommendations are in-line with city, state, and federal guidelines. Serves as a lead resource in supporting the annual merit cycle. Partners with others on projects and analyses dealing with pay equity, merit allocation, performance management, compliance, reporting, and training.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Independently conducts base pay management and administration for assigned area.
- Evaluates jobs and recommends grades for internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Conducts market analysis using automated salary tools and surveys.
- Educates managers, members of talent acquisition, and others on recommendations and rationale.
- May be asked to lead compensation training initiatives.
- Provides counsel on competitive salary offers, ad-hoc salary increases/decreases and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) designation to members of Human Resources and others within the University community.
- Ensures recommendations are in line with budget, federal and state regulations and the university’s strategy and overall goals.
- Participates in ad-hoc analyses, consulting and other compensation projects.
- Projects include market positioning, total rewards statements, adjustments to compensation structure, payout histories, FLSA, geographic analyses, and research on compensation trends and programs.
- Serves as a key resource in supporting and/or leading the annual merit cycle for assigned areas.
- Designs cost scenarios, communication and merit and performance/promotional matrices, as needed.
- Troubleshoots any merit issues or discrepancies within assigned areas.
- Partners with HRIS to leverage technology and implement automated and enhanced solutions for improved administration of critical compensation processes.
- Serves as a resource to test platforms, when needed.
- Serves on a team that tests enhancements to systems to ensure systems are running as designed.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and enhancements.
- Troubleshoots issues relating to pay requests, reimbursements and data integrity.
- Works with members of HR, Finance, and Managers to fix issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related discipline from an accredited four-year college is required.
- 2+ years of experience and responsibility in base pay compensation design and support including job evaluation and leveling, FLSA categorization, DOL regulations, survey benchmarking, market-pricing, and salary administration.
- Prior experience with an enterprise personnel/payroll platform.
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle Cloud enterprise personnel platform.
- CCP certification or courses.
Other Skills & Abilities Req’d
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with university contacts.
- Excellent consultative skills.
- Ability to present/communicate findings to various levels of constituents in clear, concise and accurate manner.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University’s mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
*This and other jobs in Higher education (throughout the US) can be found at HigherEdJob.com