Manchester Tank in Campbellsville, KY is hiring for a Continuous Improvement Summer Intern for a 1st shift position.
Manchester Tank has a proud heritage of hard-working people, who for over 75 years have manufactured high quality products for our country and the world. The McWane/Manchester Way Compass is provided as a personal guide to help team members navigate through situations they encounter daily at work. All team members are expected to know these principles, values, and behaviors. The McWane/Manchester Way ensures higher levels of safety and environmental performance in all our operations. It also improves communication, relationships, and work performance at all levels of our organization. The McWane/Manchester Way Compass includes eight core principles to guide our team members: Communication, Safety, Environment, Leadership, Trust, Excellence, Accountability, and Teamwork.
We are seeking a full-time Summer Intern at our Campbellsville, Kentucky plant. In this role, you will be responsible for various activities in the plant to support the Continuous Improvement team. Other essential functions include:
- Hang signs for workstations on the production floor.
- Fabricate carts and tables for part presentation to the workstations.
- Provide assistance to determine space requirements for various functions and plan or improve material movement methods including layout, process flow, order fulfillment, equipment and controls, material, process methods and staffing requirements.
- Help to implement 5S activities into the production lines.
- And other duties as assigned.
This is a great opportunity to learn some basic concepts of continuous improvement in a production setting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Be able to contribute to and support the existence of a positive work environment.
- Have the ability to pay attention to the operations of the machinery.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must attend, complete, and implement required in-house training.
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blue prints, tape measures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situation
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The employee is regularly required to stand.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move objects. Objects over 50 pounds will require
- the assistance of other staff or mechanical device.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts. There is a fairly high noise level throughout the plant and hearing protection must be worn at all times during production. Wearing of other proper protective equipment including metatarsal safety shoes and eye protection is required at all times during production.
**Apply online: https://careers-mantank.icims.com/jobs
McWane is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL – sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA – gender identity), (In CA – gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law please click here.