Taylor County Intermediate School in Campbellsville, KY is hiring for a Full-time Cook/Baker.
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 181 days (may vary according to position)
DIVISION: Food Service
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: high school diploma, G.E.D. Certificate or demonstrated progress toward obtaining a G.E.D. as required by Kentucky law and one-year experience in cooking and baking food in large quantities.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Must complete training course for certification of beginning school food service personnel as prescribed in 702 KAR 6:045.
Prepare, cook, bake and serve a variety of foods in quantity at an assigned school site; assist in other food preparation duties as directed; maintain facilities in a clean and sanitary condition; train and provide work direction to others.
- Prepare and bake rolls, biscuits, breads, cakes, cookies and other baked goods; prepare and combine necessary ingredients.
- Prepare and cook meat dishes, vegetables and other main dishes; prepare salads, sandwiches, fruit, soups, sauces and other foods.
- Assist in determining appropriate quantity of food items for cooking and baking; adjust and extend recipes as needed; maintain food quality standards including appearance, and nutritional requirements.
- Monitor temperatures of food to assure safety and quality standards are met; monitor water temperatures to assure proper temperature for sanitizing.
- Serve food according to established guidelines and replenish serving containers as needed; serve and sell lunch items to faculty.
- Clean cafeteria equipment, utensils and appliances and store food supplies; assure compliance with kitchen sanitation and safety procedures and regulations; clean refrigerators and storerooms as required.
- Assist in storing unused food and supplies; dispose of unusable leftovers; utilize proper methods of handling foods to be stored.
- Operate a variety of standard kitchen utensils and equipment including slicer, chopper, mixer, steamer, fryer, dishwasher, electric warmer, range, oven, pressure cooker, cash register, dishwasher and other cafeteria equipment as required.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Record amounts of food sold and monies collected as assigned; assist with inventory and maintain routine records as directed; prepare records of foods cooked and foods left over.
- Prepare and bake food for special events as needed; assist at banquets or special events as required.
- Assist in other food service areas as needed; collect money and make correct change.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Meal production planning and scheduling.
- Applicable District, federal and State laws, rules and regulations related to food service.
- Quantity food preparation and food merchandising.
- Nutrition, sanitation and operation regulations and requirements.
- Use and care of institutional equipment and utensils.
- Procedures used in ordering, receiving, storing and inventorying food and supplies.
- Health and safety rules and regulations pertaining to food establishments, including sanitation and maintenance regulations.
- Budget preparation and control.
- Record keeping techniques.
- Principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day food service operation at an assigned school site.
- Assure compliance with District, State and federal requirements.
- Plan well-balanced, nutritional and appetizing menus within a fixed budget.
- Train others in the preparation and serving of food in large quantities.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Schedule, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Operate a computer terminal as required.
- Plan and organize work.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work independently with little direction.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be clean, neat and professionally dressed
- Be consistently responsible- maintaining regular punctual attendance and timely completion of assigned duties, working assigned contract and extended days and using sick, personal, and emergency leave appropriately.
- Maintain professional interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and cooperative effective relationships with others consistently displaying self-control, honesty, and credibility with parents, students, visitors and school personnel.
- Act as a district liaison demonstrating positive behavior, interest and concern toward the programs, purposes, goals and efficient operation of the Taylor County Public Schools.
- Follow the procurement guidelines and purchase order process.
- Disseminate information/resources in areas of responsibilities.
- Maintain proper care and safe use of district equipment and property.
- Participate in required professional development and trainings as assigned or approved for professional job growth, to remain abreast of program requirements/responsibilities and to improve student educational services.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all school records.
- Is familiar with and incorporates the use of technology as job responsibilities require.
- Adheres with federal, state and district program guidelines, policies, procedures and laws.
- Adheres to the State Professional Code of Ethics.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor or superintendent.
For more information or to apply visit: https://taylorcounty.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3463
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Taylor County School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination polices: Title IX Coordinator/Section 504 Coordinator, Taylor County Schools, 1209 East Broadway, Campbellsville, KY 42718 (270) 465-5371.