The following position has recently been shared with KCDA members:
Georgetown College seeks a Coordinator of First-Year programs
The Coordinator of First-Year programs will facilitate new student orientation programs to help students transition to campus. This individual will also work collaboratively with other departments to implement programs that support student wellness. The Coordinator will have significant responsibilities working with the Graves Center for Calling and Career making efforts to connect students to these services early to support career readiness.
Reports To: Director of the Graves Center for Calling and Career
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate programs and services to aid new students in transitioning to college
- Administer and interpret career assessments (specifically the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator & Strong Interest Inventory) to students and alumni, both individually and in a classroom setting
- Work with Freshman Seminar class sections on career readiness
- Assist with Calling and Career programming
- Facilitate wellness education programming (alcohol & substance abuse, bystander intervention, etc.)
- Manage/Distribute Quarterly Parent/Family Newsletter
- Coordinate new student orientation programming
- PAWS (spring/summer registration workshops)
- Fall and Spring Orientation
- Assist with Weeks of Welcome
- Serve as Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Hire and supervise student staff of Orientation Leaders & Orientation Coordinators
- Education and / or Experience –Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training. Master’s Degree in Student Personnel or related area and two years of post-bachelor experience in a college setting preferred. Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and direct student activities. Individual must possess a passion for students and their development. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with individuals and groups of varying backgrounds, interests and goals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations –– Certification in administering and interpreting the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
Candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org