Taylor County High School in Campbellsville, KY is hiring for a Full Time Custodian.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Principal/Supervisor
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 181-250 days (may vary according to position)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: high school diploma, G.E.D. Certificate or demonstrated progress toward obtaining a G.E.D. as required by Kentucky law
Perform routine custodial activities at an assigned school site or facility to maintain building, locker rooms and adjacent grounds areas in a clean, orderly and secure condition.
- Perform routine custodial activities at assigned District school site; sweep, scrub, mop, wax and polish floors and vacuum rugs and carpets in classrooms, offices, workshop and other assigned work areas; spot clean and shampoo carpets; glue and perform carpet stretching and repairs as assigned.
- Clean classrooms, restrooms, showers, locker rooms, shops, cafeteria, offices and related facilities as assigned; sweep, mop and clean gymnasium floor as assigned; spot mop spills and remove gum and debris; monitor gym events to assure orderly behavior and to protect the building from damage; clean tables, chairs and floors after lunch periods as assigned.
- Clean and disinfect drinking fountains, sinks, toilets, showers and urinals; clean mirrors, tile and windows.
- Report safety, sanitary and fire hazards to appropriate authority; report and recommend need for maintenance repairs to appropriate authority; maintain security of buildings; report suspicious or unauthorized individuals on campus; report infractions of rules to supervisor.
- Wash windows and walls; clean chalkboards, trays and erasers and empty pencil sharpeners; assemble, move and arrange furniture, supplies and equipment in preparing classrooms and multi-purpose rooms for special events or meetings.
- Clean blinds, dust and polish furniture and woodwork and make minor, non-technical repairs as needed.
- Lock and unlock doors and gates as appropriate; maintain security of assigned areas according to established guidelines
- Order supplies according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Pick up and rake paper, trash and debris around school grounds and in buildings; sweep and clean walkways and entrances; dispose of trash according to established procedures; wash out trash cans and follow established sanitation procedures and standards.
- Pack, unpack, load, receive and store books, supplies, materials and other items.
- Operate cleaning equipment such as vacuums, floor stripper, cleaning, buffer and polisher, carpet shampooer, scrubbers, high-pressure sprayer, manual and power sweepers and power blower as assigned.
- Shovel, plow and sand walk and steps as directed.
- Respond to emergency cleanups such as spills; maintain records of observed maintenance, repair needs and safety issues.
- Participate in major summer cleaning projects as assigned.
- Basic methods, materials, tools and equipment used in custodial work and routine maintenance.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- Perform routine custodial activities at an assigned school site or facility to maintain buildings, locker rooms and adjacent grounds areas in a clean, orderly and secure condition.
- Use cleaning materials, equipment and methods according to pre-determined standards.
- Learn and apply knowledge of the schedules, procedures and use of equipment and supplies used in custodial work.
- Learn appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Maintain tools and equipment assigned in clean working order and provide proper security.
- Perform minor non-technical repairs.
- Observe and report need for maintenance and repair
- Perform heavy physical labor.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Inspect and assure the security of facilities during assigned shift.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Walk, bend, life, push and stand for extended periods of time.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Be clean, neat and professionally dressed
- Be consistently responsible- maintaining regular punctual attendance and timely completion of assigned duties, working assigned contract and extended days and using sick, personal, and emergency leave appropriately.
- Maintain professional interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and cooperative effective relationships with others consistently displaying self-control, honesty, and credibility with parents, students, visitors and school personnel.
- Act as a district liaison demonstrating positive behavior, interest and concern toward the programs, purposes, goals and efficient operation of the Taylor County Public Schools.
- Adheres to the State Professional Code of Ethics.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor or superintendent.
*For more information or TO APPLY, please visit: https://taylorcounty.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3354
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Taylor County School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination polices: Title IX Coordinator/Section 504 Coordinator, Taylor County Schools, 1209 East Broadway, Campbellsville, KY 42718 (270) 465-5371.