Data & Process Analyst, University of California, Riverside, CA
Institution: University of California, Riverside
Location: Riverside, CA
Category: Admin – Other Administrative Positions
Posted: 06/09/2018 *this posting was found through HigherEdjobs.com
Type: Full Time
|Full/Part Time||Full Time|
|Schedule||8AM – 5PM|
|Salary||$53,700 – $92,850|
The Data & Process Analyst develops, maintains, and manages data analytics and process improvements to facilitate the delivery of a customer experience that is responsive, engaging and adaptable for all members of the campus community by Facilities Services (FS). Monitors the work order system to drive excellent customer service and propose streamlined work flow activities. Possess extensive knowledge about service offerings and processes such as work intake, reception, follow up, work routing and customer outreach/engagement; facilitates and collaborates to develop improvements and process standards throughout Facilities Services units. Analyzes, designs and proposes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); monitors, measures and creates reports/presentations on KPIs. Analyzes data and produces reports including operational performance metrics, trends and forecasts to be used for shared services strategic planning. Develops extensive insight across FS processes and consistently applies this end-to-end perspective in conjunction with meeting the service delivery objectives of Customer Relations.
Facilities Services is one of the largest departments at UC Riverside employing nearly 400 career employees. Facilities Services provides exceptional service in maintaining an environment conducive of teaching, learning, living, working and research for the entire campus community. The department maintains buildings, facilities and landscape totaling over 6 million square feet across 1,350 acres of campus. We are a team of service oriented professionals focused on exceptional client engagement, continuous improvement and development opportunities.
**UC Riverside career employees who have passed their probationary period will receive priority consideration for this position. If a qualified pool of internal candidates is not identified, qualified external candidates may be considered at the discretion of the hiring department.**
**Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide work samples and/or presentations as part of the interview and selection process.**
|Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.||Required|
|Licenses License Requirement: Valid Driver License||Preferred|
|Lean Six Sigma||Preferred|
Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
|Experience in the design and implementation of internal controls standard operating procedures and process improvements.||Required|
|Experience working in a customer service-oriented environment, meeting and exceeding customer expectations and sustained satisfaction.||Required|
|Experience and/or knowledge of UC/UCR systems, policies, procedures, and regulations.||Preferred|
|Experience with work order and / or work management systems.||Required|
|Experience working in a similar role in an institution of higher education, or similar environment.||Preferred|
|Experience using statistical software such as Tableau, Excel and data visualization.||Required|
Hired candidate must successfully pass a background check through the DOJ and FBI prior to appointment start date.
|Ability to operate University vehicles for business and operational needs.||Preferred|
|Ability to possess or obtain a Valid CA Driver License in accordance with California Department of Motor Vehicles.||Preferred|
|Occasional travel for business related meetings, professional development, conferences and/or events.||Required|
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner.
- Working knowledge of business intelligence functions and analytics.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with professional and technical staff.
- Detail oriented, with demonstrated organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant internal databases, BI applications and tools. Ability to produce reports and documentation.
- Knowledge and experience with employing best practice principles and practices in metrics, knowledge management, process design, continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- Project management skills with ability to plan, execute, identify complex problems and related information to develop and evaluate options. Ability to recommend solutions to monitor performance and ensure quality.
- Ability to handle conflict management and influence and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Solid organizational, project management and time management skills; ability to multi-task with attention to detail and meet demanding timeframes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to compose, proofread, edit and/or approve grammatically correct and accurate correspondence, summaries, notifications, etc. Ability to utilize spreadsheet and database software to generate reports on a frequent basis, or ad hoc as needed. Ability to use query systems and tools to gather data and information to generate meaningful reports, analyses, and metrics.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality. Ability to use sound judgement in responding to issues and concerns.
- Ability to establish and maintain exceptional client relations and partnerships. Ability to work collaboratively with diverse populations, internal and external constituents and agencies.
- Ability to train staff at a variety of technical skill levels.
- Ability to function as a resource by providing excellent customer service, researching customer relations discrepancies, and resolving escalated customer service problems and vendor, partners, and Facilities Services staff concerns.
- Familiarity with Facilities Services nomenclature/work environment including maintenance, construction, custodial, landscape and/or building operations.
- Skills to provide coaching and mentoring to support student staff.
- Knowledge of web based work order systems.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities’ air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey.
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside’s Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns “Great Schools, Great Prices.”
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as “the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world’s top 500 universities.”
- U.S. News and World Report’s Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education – 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering – 71st among ranked schools
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details
View complete Job Description for this position
Contact: University of California, Riverside
**Online App. Form:
UCR is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a commitment to workforce diversity.
*this posting was found through HigherEdjobs.com