Company: Department of Audit
Position: Management Analyst
Job Location: Atlanta Georgia
|Performance Audit Division (PAD)||click here for more about this division|
As described on our home page, the Performance Audit Division evaluates state agencies and programs to determine their efficiency and effectiveness. Located at the State Capitol complex, in the heart of Atlanta, the Performance Audit Division employs entry level and experienced people with undergraduate and graduate degrees. Current staff members hold bachelors and master’s degrees in a variety of fields including:
|Public Administration||Accounting||Business Administration|
Recent graduates should demonstrate a 3.0 GPA or better. All applicants should be able to demonstrate: strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to learn quickly; ability to work independently or in a team environment; ability to communicate effectively and write proficiently; and interest in state government and improving the quality of life of Georgia’s citizens.
Major Job Duties:
Under the supervision of a lead analyst, Management Analysts plan and conduct evaluations of state programs to determine their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Evaluation tasks include researching professional literature, interviewing program staff, reviewing records, and analyzing data on program operations.
- Staff members are expected to show initiative and take on increasing levels of responsibility.
- Work involves occasional travel throughout the state and a great deal of writing (including summarizing research tasks and drafting reports that present evaluation findings).
The opportunity for advancement is limited only by an individual’s ability and desire.
We offer the following:
- Professional development under experienced supervision;
- Extensive career development program; and
- Exposure to many facets of state government.
- Promotions based on merit;
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting salaries for the entry level Management Analyst position are competitive with salaries for similar positions in the private sector.
Other benefits include:
- Twelve paid holidays annually;
- Three weeks’ vacation and three weeks sick leave annually; and
- A full range of benefits, including retirement plans, health and life insurance, deferred compensation and flexible benefits program.
Applications and Inquiries:
To apply for a position with the Performance Audit Division within the Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts, email, mail or fax a cover letter and resume to:
Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts
Performance Audit Division
270 Washington Street, S.W., Suite 1-156
Atlanta, GA 30334-8400
Resumes are accepted at all times
Equal Opportunity Employer