A Desktop Engineer is an entry-level position on the Desktop Support Team reporting directly to the Lead Desktop Engineer. A Desktop Engineer has the following job responsibilities, competencies and qualifications:
Essential Functions (Key Result Areas):
- Day-to-day activities in support of local Call Center include:
- Set-up of Desktop PCs, phones, monitors and printers as well as other support functions under supervision of Lead Technician or Director of Technical Services.
- Day-to-day activities in support of voice and data services include:
- Installation, testing and troubleshooting voice services, both local and long distance.
- Installation, testing and troubleshooting data services, including point-to-point, DS3 and MPLS technologies.
- Provide assistance to the Network Engineering Group for implementation and maintenance of various routers, switches and firewalls.
- Provide Assistance to Platform Support group for implementation and maintenance of various infrastructure servers including DHCP, DNS, AV, FS, AD and WSUS.
- Assist Unix Support Group with implementation and maintenance of Production Web servers.
- Must have experience with Desktop Administration Platforms, Imaging Software, PC Set-up and Installation, MS Windows Operating Systems and Office Suites as well as DHCP.
- Communications with internal and external clients and Corporate IT in support of implementation as well as issue troubleshooting and resolution.
- Direct activities of the Associate IT Support Technician as requested by Director of Technical Services.
Other Non-Essential Functions (Key Result Areas):
- Support facilities duties, such as HVAC, lighting, security and general maintenance.
- Know and enforce client and corporate IT policies and procedures consistently.
- Lifting of boxed equipment and moving / reconfiguration of office furniture and desktop equipment (PCs).
- Management of workflow process for all tracking of requests, issues and associated work hours.
- All other duties as assigned by management of the company
- Excellent documentation and troubleshooting skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong PC skills in a windows environment.
- Prior use of Microsoft Office & Visio.
- Highly motivated team player.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and be available for emergency after hours call in.
Education: Some college/technical certifications (MCDST, CompTIA A+, Network + or Security +) or equivalent experience required. A Desktop Engineer must be a computer course student, graduate, or have computer-related work experience. A Bachelor of Science degree in a computer-related field is preferred; or equivalent computer certifications accompanied by related work experience.
Experience: Previous Desktop Technician/Telecommunications background recommended.
- Attendance must have less than 3 EAF’s to qualify
- Must be able to complete a background check
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Teleperformance is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.