Institution: TEGNA Inc.—WHAS 11, http://www.whas11.com
Location: Louisville, KY
Category: Media, Mass Communication
Contact: Palmer Dickson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Online App Form: http://www.jobs.net/j/JhtWHrIu
WHAS11, TEGNA’s ABC station in Louisville, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced, breaking news environment and has a vision for what local news can and should be on digital, social and streaming platforms. This person will have an audience-first approach to produce and distribute WHAS editorial content, with emphasis on video, across all digital, mobile, app, streaming and social media platforms.
WHAS Digital Content Producers should be leaders in the newsroom who are responsible for quality content that adheres to the highest journalistic standards, as well as audience experience on all digital, social and streaming platforms including content production, presentation and distribution. They help create multiple platform storytelling through all WHAS’s platforms, including broadcast, digital and social by working with all content creators and producers. They enterprise content through social listening, being plugged into the community, pitching stories and producing original content for our audience whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time.
- Produce audience first, engaging storytelling through digital articles, videos, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements.
- Social listening: monitor social chatter and track trending stories via ChartBeat, CrowdTangle, Google Trends and our social platforms. Report findings to newsroom.
- Urgently and aggressively report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills)
- Focus on accuracy and balance in articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff.
- Produce, shoot, edit videos for WHAS digital products, such as YouTube and the WHAS Roku channel.
- Generate web traffic through Search Engine Optimization best practices, website management, app management, push notifications and application of advanced social media skills.
- Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening.
- Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions.
- Assist reporters and anchors in the creation of native social content.
- Implement best practices on WHAS digital and social platforms.
- Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity and the WHAS brand across platforms.
- 1-2 years’ experience in digital content production preferred
- Experience managing SEO and SEM campaigns a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under deadline pressure
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organization and time management
- Experience building presentations, extensive knowledge of power point a plus
- Problem solver, ability to multi task
- High standard of professionalism and accuracy
- Customer focus, solution oriented
- Has a positive outlook and enjoys working in a team environment