WHAS, TEGNA’s ABC station in Louisville, KY, is seeking a Digital Content Producer to join our team. We’re looking to redefine the way local news is covered and delivered, and our next digital producer should embody that mindset. The ideal candidate is a journalist who thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves news and enjoys working on the cutting edge of digital and social media.
The successful candidate is innovative, with solid news judgement and a combination of writing and video editing skills. Qualified candidates will have experience posting stories to digital-mobile-social platforms, working knowledge of online CMS software, video and photo-editing skills and the ability to work a flexible schedule. More important, the person we hire will want to win on every screen.
- Write and post stories to all WHAS online platforms
- Report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills) and generate web traffic through application of advanced social media and SEO skills
- Monitor social chatter and trending stories on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other online news sources for compelling, unique stories and user-generated content of interest to our audience
- Work with all newsroom departments on digital-first content coverage and broadcast-digital coordination
- Coordinate live stream of news events daily online and on social media, with heavy emphasis on breaking news
- Edit videos for WHAS11.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Assist reporters and anchors in creating stories and social content
- Create enterprise content (stories, videos, photo galleries) for the WHAS11 News digital platforms.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
City, State: Louisville, Kentucky
Experience: 1 Year(s)
- Experience working as a digital producer or a journalist preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities within deadlines
- Excellent writing (stories, social, push notifications), editing and proofreading skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
**Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JtuqXfWu?idpartenaire=10101&jobdetails=true
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.