PRIMARY FUNCTION & SCOPE OF SERVICE:
Provides direct care and supervision to youth according to agency policies and procedures, licensing and accreditation requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Provides direct provision of care and supervision to clients according to agency policies and procedures, licensing and accreditation requirements.
- Creates a therapeutic environment to provide appropriate care to our clients. Functions as a part of the treatment team and helps implement the client’s treatment plan
- Exhibits professionalism and positive role modeling for clients, peers and outside groups/visitors.
- Promotes health care protocols to included medication administration and other medical tasks as designated by the program nurse.
- Ensures that the client’s needs for clothing, nutrition, hygiene, rest and recreation are met on a daily basis.
- Identifies potential risk factors (in a program environment) and takes measures to reduce those risks.
- Creates a safe, secure and sanitary environment.
- Observes, defines and addresses client behavior.
- Maintains confidentiality of client’s protected health information and complies with the HIPAA privacy rule.
- Ensures own professional growth and development.
- Demonstrates competence in trauma-informed principles and practices when interacting with all clients.
- Completes all required documentation and paperwork according to agency standards and requirements.
- Provides transportation to clients in care.
- Interpersonal Skills: Good oral and basic written communication ability and the ability to communicate effectively with the public and with co-workers.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with no experience or a high school diploma or equivalent plus two completed years of experience in a child caring facility.
- Skill: Understands and applies basic child and adolescent development principles. Knowledge of basic procedures and/or operations/systems and/or operations/programs. Ability and judgment to apply policies and procedures requiring moderate degree of previous training or experience.
- Creativity: Ability to generate imaginative work or ideas which affect moderately complex activities within his/her work group, programs or department; and the ability to conceptualize the implementation thereof.
- Responsibility: Moderate impact on quality and efficiency of services or operation of agency or revenues/expenses. While most decisions on basic problems/issues are subject to prior approval, employee may be required to make decisions on an emergency basis without prior supervisory approval.
- Other: Must be able to travel; ability to drive unassisted statewide is required as necessary. Must be capable of physically restraining youths up to 19 years of age.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and to reach with hands and arms.