Taylor County Middle School in Campbellsville, KY is seeking a Full-time Exceptional Child Education Recorder.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Principal/Exceptional Education Director
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 181 days (may vary according to position)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to:
- high school diploma, G.E.D. Certificate or demonstrated progress toward obtaining a G.E.D. as required by Kentucky law
- two years of increasingly responsible and varied secretarial and clerical experience.
Perform a variety of responsible secretarial and clerical duties to assist a designated supervisor, including a Principal, Principal’s secretary, Guidance Counselor or program supervisor; relieve supervisor of routine administrative details and general secretarial and clerical tasks.
- Perform a variety of secretarial and clerical duties to assist a designated supervisor with routine administrative details and general clerical tasks; type, file and transcribe or compose letters, memoranda, documents, correspondence and bulletins as directed.
- Assist with office activities and communications related to assigned school or program activities; assure the compliance with District policies and time lines; take and relay messages and information.
- Type and prepare a variety of reports; maintain a variety of program, District, State records as requires; requisition supplies, forms and maintenance work as needed, following established procedures.
- Prepare and maintain financial records and budgets; process or prepare budgetary documents, requisitions and other financial or purchasing documents.
- Greet visitors and answer phone calls; answer questions, provide information or direct individual to appropriate department or District employee; open, sort and distribute mail and other written communications.
- Schedule appointments and meetings with students, parents, teachers, vendors and the general public.
- Assist students with registration, orientation and student records; request records for new students and distribute records of withdrawn student to appropriate school.
- Perform research, compute and compile information and prepare statistical reports.
- Prepare and maintain records, reports, files and lists related to students, personnel, budgets, student records and attendance as required.
- Type from rough drafts or verbal instructions a variety of materials such as master schedules, letters, memorandums, requisitions, lists, bulletins, reports and statistical data; proofread and edit materials.
- Coordinate schedules and meetings; serve as receptionist and a contact and reference source for staff, students, parents, and the public.
- Provide information over the phone or in personal contacts with parents, students or school personnel as appropriate; route calls to appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Operate a variety of office machines, including a microcomputer or computer terminal, typewriter, copies and calculator.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Receptionist and telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Research techniques, practices and procedures.
- Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Applicable sections of Kentucky Administrative Regulations and other applicable laws.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Operation of office machines including computer equipment.
- Perform a variety of secretarial and clerical duties to assist a Principal’s secretary or Guidance Counselors with routine administrative details and general clerical tasks.
- Learn, interpret, apply and explain school and District policies, rules and objectives of assigned school or program.
- Understand and interpret rules and written directions and apply to specific situations.
- Compose correspondence independently.
- Perform duties effectively with many demands on time and constant interruptions.
- Type at an acceptable rate of speed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Maintain records and prepare reports, including financial records.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Work independently with little direction.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be clean, neat and professionally dressed
- Be consistently responsible- maintaining regular punctual attendance and timely completion of assigned duties, working assigned contract and extended days and using sick, personal, and emergency leave appropriately.
- Maintain professional interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and cooperative effective relationships with others consistently displaying self-control, honesty, and credibility with parents, students, visitors and school personnel.
- Act as a district liaison demonstrating positive behavior, interest and concern toward the programs, purposes, goals and efficient operation of the Taylor County Public Schools.
- Follow the procurement guidelines and purchase order process.
- Disseminate information/resources in areas of responsibilities.
- Maintain proper care and safe use of district equipment and property.
- Participate in required professional development and trainings as assigned or approved for professional job growth, to remain abreast of program requirements/responsibilities and to improve student educational services.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all school records.
- Is familiar with and incorporates the use of technology as job responsibilities require.
- Adheres with federal, state and district program guidelines, policies, procedures and laws.
- Adheres to the State Professional Code of Ethics.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor or superintendent.
*For more information or to apply online visit: https://taylorcounty.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3453.