New Pioneers for a Sustainable Future is seeking a dynamic Education Coordinator to help advance its mission of promoting sustainability in rural central Kentucky. This position is possible through a partnership with the Environmental Education Leadership Corps (EELCorps), a unique branch of the national AmeriCorps service program.
Based in Springfield, KY the Education Coordinator will serve Marion, Nelson, and Washington counties through innovative programming, outreach, and communications. Individuals with a passion for rural communities, dedication to sustainable living, and experience in offering environmental education programs are encourage to apply.
- Develop, present, and evaluate education programs for public and youth audiences
- Expand the youth sustainability program to better serve students and families
- Assist with marketing and communication efforts, including social media
- Support community outreach and engagement efforts
- Evaluate the youth voice, perspective, and presence in all New Pioneers efforts
- Actively participate in the daily operations of New Pioneers
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a 1700-hour AmeriCorps member position beginning on September 1, 2021, and serving through August 31, 2022.The member will receive a year’s total living stipend of $15,100 divided and disbursed on a bi-weekly basis. While the hours worked per week are flexible, members are expected to work and average of 35 hours per week. Additionally, the member will have the opportunity to receive certification as a Professional Certified Environmental Educator through the Kentucky Environmental Education Council.
*TO APPLY for this position, review other benefits, or learn more about AmeriCorps service, please visit https://KEEC.ky.gov/EELC/Pages/default.aspx.