A critical part of our success, an Enrollment Counselor represents a partner university and serves as a guide for prospective online students as they navigate the application and enrollment processes. You are a student prospect’s primary point of contact leading up to admission, and you are counted on to provide thorough information about a school’s degree programs. You also serve as a link to other departments for students’ questions about topics like transcripts, tuition and transferring credits. As an Enrollment Counselor, your ultimate responsibility is to support prospective students in pursuing their educational goals.
You can expect to connect with approximately 100+ prospective students a day (via phone, email, text or web chat), all of whom have requested information about one of our university partners prior to you connecting. At any one time, you will help guide prospects students through the enrollment and admissions processes, helping them understand their degree program options and lead them through the various admissions processes, right up until they begin taking classes. You will maintain an active student roster that aligns with partner and business specific goals and team averages.
How you will make an impact:
- Facilitate student enrollment and guide potential students through their educational selection process.
- Heavy outbound call volume to respond to prospective student requests for information and/or guidance.
- Build a strong relationship with prospective and current students by having the ability to listen and identify their needs and following the Wiley Student Engagement Model.
- Contributing to a team goal, managing student inquiries and applications, making phone calls, scheduling appointments and conducting informational interviews, documenting the admissions process for compliance, and following up with enrolled students.
- Presenting the various programs and services of our partner schools to prospective students by guiding them through a process of career choices, educational options, and enrollment procedures.
- Respond to informational requests about our partner schools, qualify and enroll students, and complete the application process to ensure the student successfully meets their college education goals.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a minimum: Bachelor’s degree.
- Have preferred work experience in education, training, customer service, sales, or related industry; Willing to consider a recent graduate with a passion for customer service, sales, or related industry.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional telephone manner.
- Have interpersonal skills to interact with students, management, and peers.
- Have the willingness to become proficient in navigating customer relationship management system and multiple software systems while communicating with students.
- Are self-motivated, flexible, and able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Have strong command of the English language, in both oral and written form.
- Can work one to two evenings a week until 8:00 PM, Monday-Thursday depending on partner school needs.