Extension Agent for Agriculture & Natural Resources Education – Nelson County – RE10124
Location: Bardstown, KY. Nelson County is in Central Kentucky.
Deadline to apply: 4/23/2017
The Extension Agent for Agriculture & Natural Resources Education will provide leadership for
educational programs in agriculture, horticulture and natural resources for the County. The Agent
(1) develop agricultural & horticultural proficiency of local citizens through educational programs
(2) provide agricultural expertise to answer questions and solve problems related to agriculture, horticulture and natural resources
(3) develop field trails, test demonstrations and result demonstrations in related areas
(4) utilize and/or develop councils, advisory groups, and committees to facilitate community involvement in programming
(5) jointly share responsibility in community programming around issues involving leadership development, community involvement, local
government, community services and other forms of community economic development. Emphasis on
horticulture and diversified agriculture.
All agents in a county will support the dissemination of useful and practical information on subjects
relating to Agriculture, Family Consumer Sciences, 4-H and Community and Rural Development as
outlined in the KRS statues 164.605 to 164.675.
Resume, cover letter, and transcripts are required at time of application.
BS Degree Required
Extension Personnel Assistant
N-106D Agricultural Science Building
University of Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky 40546-0091
859-257-1727 fax: 859-257-3050