Responsible for submitting, balancing and preparing financial reports for the Mutual Insurance Company, and the KFB Insurance Agency. Prepares monthly financial detail analysis sheets. Collects and analyzes financial data, ensuring that all reporting is in compliance within guidelines. Additionally, performs complex accounting functions following appropriate procedures for timely and accurate preparation. Prepares and keys monthly, quarterly and annual General Ledger Journal entries.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual General Ledger Journal entries for the Mutual Insurance Company, and the KFB Insurance Agency.
- Perform reconciliations of various asset, liability and miscellaneous income accounts before financials are finalized.
- Assist Financial Accounting Manager in running monthly Focus queries for financial reporting and analysis.
- Perform reconciliations and complete testing of reports for our Lloyd’s EQ product.
- Cross train with all positions in financial accounting and back up other staff accountants, when needed.
- Prepare financial data within quarterly and annual statutory financial statement filings.
- Prepares and processes monthly agent commissions for the Mutual Insurance Co and the KFB Insurance Agency.
- Assist with preparation of 1099’s for agents for both companies.
- Be the point of contact for our agency force in relation to their commissions payments and 1099’s and provide them with answers to their questions in a timely manner.
- Prepares monthly financial detail analysis sheets.
- Documents and prepares reports for Model Audit compliance requirements.
- Regular, predicable attendance as employee has to physically be in the office.
- This list of essential functions is non-exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Provide External Auditors with Client Assistance Package and answer questions.
- Timely filing of monthly reports.
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements and fluctuation analysis.
- Implement process improvements and/or streamline processes through automation.
- Answer telephone inquiries courteously and efficiently.
- Special projects and other tasks, as assigned.
- Physical demands: Normal vision and hearing (with or without correction); Sitting; Mobility; Lifting.
- Mental demands: Prolonged concentration; Ability to work under time pressure; Analytical reasoning; Ability to problem solve and conduct research.
- Environmental factors: Standard office lighting, temperature and noise.
- Equipment: Keyboard; Calculator; Telephone; Copier; Personal Computer.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting or Finance field preferred.
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience in analyzing financial statements.
- Experience in problem solving.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Mastery of basic math and accounting principles.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software.
- Ability to work well with others, both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.