Division or Field Office: Customer Service Division
Department of Position: FIRST NOTICE OF LOSS Contact Center Ops Dept
Work from: Home Office, Erie, PA
At Erie Insurance, you’re not just part of a Fortune 500 company; you’re also a valued member of a diverse and inclusive team that includes more than 5,000 employees and over 2,200 independent agencies. Our Employees work in the Home Office complex located in Erie, PA, and in our Field Offices that span 12 states and the District of Columbia. To attract and retain the best talent, we reward our team members with competitive salaries and a very generous benefits package.
As a First Notice of Loss (FNOL) Representative – Bilingual (English/Spanish) in the Customer Service Division, you will interact with Policyholders, Claimants, Agents and Employees during the initial FNOL process for Property and Casualty policies in all states which ERIE operates. Responds to inquiries, complaints and concerns regarding the claims handling process and procedures.
Erie Insurance is always seeking top talent for our First Notice of Loss (FNOL) department. Please apply if you are interested in being considered for future training classes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies a working knowledge of policies and procedures to respond to inquiries from policyholders, claimants, claimant carriers, agents and Employees for property and casualty policies in all states ERIE operates
- Enters new loss report information, claim documentation and loss details for all Property and Casualty lines of business. Electronically files claim documentation and police report information using ERIE’s processing systems.
- Provides services, including repair options, rental reservations, property mitigation, towing, coverage verification and policy information.
- Learns and maintains a working knowledge of policies, procedures and processing systems for ERIE’s property/casualty products.
- Trains/mentors less experienced staff and acts as a back-up as required.
- The first three duties listed are the functions identified as essential to the job. Essential functions are those job duties that must be performed in order for the job to be accomplished.
- This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other duties as requested by their supervisor, or as become evident.
- Ability To Maintain Composure
- Ability to Manage Complexity
- Developing And Maintaining Relationships
- Interpersonal Communication
- Job-Specific Knowledge
- Oral Communication
- Planning And Organizing
- Service Orientation
- Stress Tolerance
- Switching Tasks
- Detail Orientation
- Writing Skills
High school diploma or GED required. Any combination of call center, claims handling, office management or progressive clerical experience preferred. Customer service experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute and 90 net data entry keystrokes per minute preferred. Completion of LOMASelect tests required. Passing score on LOMASelect tests preferred. Working knowledge of word processing software required. Experience in the insurance industry preferred. Completion or active pursuit of insurance education, such as the Program in General Insurance (INS 21, 22, 23) or INTRO courses, preferred. Valid driver’s license preferred. Must be flexible with scheduling, department operates in a 24/7/365 environment.
Other positions available on website, various types of positions in other states (i.e. WV, NY, PA, OH):
Eerie Insurance will be conducting a zoom session on April 7th 11-11:30 AM EST if you would like to hear more about their job openings. Please send an email to email@example.com for the zoom session link.