Taylor County Primary School in Campbellsville, KY is hiring for a Full-time Food Service Manager.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Food Service; Principal
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 181 days (may vary according to position)
DIVISION: Food Service
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: high school diploma, G.E.D. Certificate or demonstrated progress toward obtaining a G.E.D. as required by Kentucky law and three years experience in food service operations.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Must complete training course for certification of beginning school food service personnel as prescribed in 702 KAR 6:045.
Manage and coordinate the day-to-day food service operations of an assigned school site; assure compliance with District, State and federal requirements and laws regarding nutrition, sanitation, safety and record-keeping; select, assign, schedule, supervise, direct and evaluate assigned food service personnel.
Food Service Manager I incumbents manage and coordinate the day-to-day food service operations in an assigned school site. Food Service Manager II incumbents manage and coordinate the food service operations and activities of a central kitchen. Incumbents also plan and organize food service transporting activities to District sites. Food Service Manager III incumbents plan, coordinate, manage and oversee a complex food services program.
- Manage, coordinate and oversee the day-to-day food service operations at an assigned school site; analyze effectiveness, assure compliance with District, State and federal laws, regulations and safety and sanitation procedures.
- Prepare menus, assuring compliance with regulations and requirements; estimate and order amount of food and supplies needed; monitor and control expenditures; maintain assigned budget.
- Select food service employees; direct, assign, schedule and evaluate food service personnel; conduct training sessions for new employees.
- Inspect lunchroom and kitchen area daily to assure compliance with health, safety and sanitation requirements and regulations.
- Plan work schedules and coordinate daily work for efficient use of labor; receive calls from employees and call substitutes as necessary.
- Train and assist employees in the proper handling of foods, correct use and care of equipment and in maintaining high standards of sanitation and safety.
- Maintain, prepare and review a variety of menu production records, inventories, logs and reports; accumulate data and input information into a computer as appropriate and file documents as necessary.
- Supervise and participate in food preparation and distribution to District students and staff; plan for catered events such as meetings, activities and parties; plan and coordinate food service operations with school activities to improve school and community relations and increase student participation.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Meal production planning and scheduling.
- Applicable District, federal and State laws, rules and regulations related to food service.
- Quantity food preparation and food merchandising.
- Nutrition, sanitation and operation regulations and requirements.
- Use and care of institutional equipment and utensils.
- Procedures used in ordering, receiving, storing and inventorying food and supplies.
- Health and safety rules and regulations pertaining to food establishments, including sanitation and maintenance regulations.
- Budget preparation and control.
- Record keeping techniques.
- Principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day food service operation at an assigned school site.
- Assure compliance with District, State and federal requirements.
- Plan well-balanced, nutritional and appetizing menus within a fixed budget.
- Train others in the preparation and serving of food in large quantities.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Schedule, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Operate a computer terminal as required.
- Plan and organize work.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work independently with little direction.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be clean, neat and professionally dressed
- Be consistently responsible- maintaining regular punctual attendance and timely completion of assigned duties, working assigned contract and extended days and using sick, personal, and emergency leave appropriately.
- Maintain professional interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and cooperative effective relationships with others consistently displaying self-control, honesty, and credibility with parents, students, visitors and school personnel.
- Act as a district liaison demonstrating positive behavior, interest and concern toward the programs, purposes, goals and efficient operation of the Taylor County Public Schools.
- Follow the procurement guidelines and purchase order process.
- Disseminate information/resources in areas of responsibilities.
- Maintain proper care and safe use of district equipment and property.
- Participate in required professional development and trainings as assigned or approved for professional job growth, to remain abreast of program requirements/responsibilities and to improve student educational services.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all school records.
- Is familiar with and incorporates the use of technology as job responsibilities require.
- Adheres with federal, state and district program guidelines, policies, procedures and laws.
- Adheres to the State Professional Code of Ethics.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor or superintendent.
*For more information or to apply visit: https://taylorcounty.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3455.