At Enbridge, ‘energy’ means more than lighting up businesses, heating up our customers’ homes, or fueling cars, buses and trucks. It’s our way of life!
As a Summer Student Contractor working for Ian Martin Group, at Canada’s largest natural gas storage, transmission and distribution company, we commit to providing you with a rewarding and engaging experience.
We know that when your initiative and talents align with our vision and values, we create good energy. You will work as part of an innovative and collaborative team to develop the practical skills needed to build your future career.
In the role of Grounds-keeping and Maintenance – Summer Student, you will provide a broad range of basic to complex field support. It’s an excellent job for people who like to handle a variety of tasks on a day to day basis
This is opportunity will start in May or June and is located in Summer Shade, Kentucky
What you will do:
- Support landscaping requirements with minimal supervision; including grass cutting, weed eating and various yard maintenance tasks.
- Provide cleaning and painting requirements, as directed.
- Provides operational support by:
- Acting as a resource for field operations as required
- Office administrative support, as required
Who you are:
- You are currently enrolled in a full-time post-secondary program and will be returning to full-time school immediately following the work term.
- Valid driver’s license and responsible driving record.
- Knowledge of lawn equipment such as mowers, weed eaters is considered an asset
- Effective and professional communication both verbal and written with the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Solid computer skills and experience using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to actively and consistently represent Enbridge’s core values (Safety, Integrity, Respect, Inclusion).
- Field-based role, located in Summer Shade, Kentucky
- Relocation assistance is not provided.
Physical Requirements include but are not limited to:
Balancing, bending and stooping, climbing, crawling, carrying ( up to 20 amount of pounds), grasping, kneeling, lifting (objects 20 pounds), pulling hand over hand, pushing, reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, sitting, standing, walking, visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read fine print), hearing requirement.
Mental Requirements include but are not limited to:
Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda and basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.
Please note that this is a role providing contract labour to Enbridge through the Ian Martin Group, who manages Enbridge’s Student Contractor Program. If you are selected for this position, you will be employed by Ian Martin and will not be an employee of Enbridge.
Please include in your application: Cover Letter, Resume and Current School Transcripts.
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccine or Testing
COVID-19 Measures: Throughout the pandemic, Enbridge has had to make important decisions that impact their organization and keeping the safety of their workforce their first priority. As a result, all contractors, must comply with the Company’s COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy which requires contractors to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or undergo COVID-19 testing per Enbridge’s direction.
The Ian Martin Group values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified students to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All of Enbridge’s summer roles can be found here https://www.livehire.com/careers/enbridge/jobs