MSC INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY COMPANY in Hanover Park, IL is seeking a Full-Time GENERALIST, HR BUSINESS PARTNER.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Generalist, HR Business Partner supports an organization of less than 500 associates. The HR Business Partner works with assigned business unit(s) and acts as the first point of contact for Human Resources issues, including but not limited to: management advising and consultation, associate relations, talent acquisition, performance management, talent and leadership development, succession planning, workforce planning, and associate engagement. The HR Business Partner understands the business needs, challenges appropriately, and assists department level managers and supervisors in developing and executing people strategies to address those business needs. A key component of this role is the ability to build trust, credibility, and collaborative relationships in order to consult with business leaders and add value.
- The HR Business Partner is fully accountable for the implementation of HR-related processes, practices, policies and outcomes within the assigned business unit(s) as instructed.
- The HR Business Partner works with managers and supervisors to address associate relations and performance issues.
- The HRBP collaborates with HR subject matter experts (e.g. compensation, benefits, recruiting, talent & organization development, etc.) to implement strategies and solutions to address business needs, and organizational and operational improvement.
- The HRBP provides input to the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the need of the business, associates, and managers with the strategic goals.
- Helps drive MSC’s people strategies in the assigned business unit.
- Strategizes with leadership to support the business unit’s objectives from a human capital perspective.
- Plays an active role in leading change within the business unit. Plans for and develops the appropriate organizational alignment and structures, support systems, etc. to enhance the unit’s progress towards sustained high performance.
- Assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and seeks to develop integrated solutions.
- Advises department managers and supervisors on company policies, procedures, and employment and labor law. Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of associates, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with Associate Relations Department as needed/required.
- Effectively balances the needs of the business, managers, and associates.
- Works with department managers and supervisors in identifying and addressing development gaps using the individual development plans and tools, performance management processes, and training and development. Identifies development needs for business units, including individual coaching and/or mentoring needs.
- Coaches and consults managers regarding associate relations.
- Coaches and consults with leadership regarding strategic and workforce planning activities such as organizational structure and effectiveness, staffing solutions, workforce development, succession planning, and diversity. Reaches out to internal and external resources as needed.
- Advises department managers and supervisors on compensation and benefits administration, including job descriptions, rewards and recognition programs, salary recommendations, annual merit and incentive processes, and certain benefits.
- Formulates strong relationships and partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and associates.
- Works closely with management and associates to develop and maintain positive associate relations, including building associate morale and engagement, increasing productivity and retention, and effectively addressing issues as they occur.
- Provides business unit input on HR and company-wide policies, programs, and initiatives.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required, with emphasis in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Behavioral Science or related area preferred.
- PHR and/or SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of Two Years Experience in Human Resources Required.
- Excellent communication skills. Bilingual Spanish and English speaking skills preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of 2 or more human resources disciplines including compensation practices, organizational design/development, associate relations, diversity, performance and talent management, and federal and state employment laws. Experience in resolving associate issues.
- Good consulting and client management skills. Ability to critically think through ambiguous and sensitive situations. Good judgment.
- Good conflict management skills.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills, with demonstrated ability to influence people.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including ability to make effective presentations in front of groups and facilitate meetings.
- Ability to develop credibility and strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate business unit needs and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate sensitive situations, gather facts and data, solicit feedback and make well thought out recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects/work initiatives at one time.
- General business acumen, including working knowledge of business metrics, accounting principles and budgeting experience desired.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC. ** APPLY ONLINE by visiting Generalist, HR Bus Partner Bilingual Spanish/English Speaking Skills Preferred on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.