-The HR Assistant assists with the administrative functions of the day-to-day operations of the human resources department. Provides support to the HR Business Partners (HRBP) and HR leaders as requested.
-Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy, mission, vision and values of Baptist Health by maintaining established policies and procedures, organizational objectives, process improvement, and quality/safety standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual’s job. He/she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
- Responsible for the daily data entry in Workday and other systems for personnel changes and processes leave donation requests.
- Responds to general employee inquiry requests in person or by email.
- Receives and/or places telephone calls promptly, using a pleasant tone of voice, identifying self and department, always conveying a willingness to help.
- Takes telephone messages correctly, delivers messages and/or refers telephone calls to the appropriate party accurately and timely.
- Assists the HRPB in new employee orientation and other administrative tasks, reporting needs.
- Assists with coordinating job fairs and other events.
- Assists with the tracking of department measurements that support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic goals
- Tracks the completion of compliance courses and licensure expirations.
- Makes name badges for new associates and physicians. Remakes name badges due to being lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Creates new employee files and maintains accurate personnel records. Purges deleted employee files within the parameters of the Document Retention policy.
- Makes copies of personnel documents at the request of the HR team, legal, risk, etc.
- Responsible for completing employment verifications from outside facilities.
- Orders office supplies, sorts & delivers mail & other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- One or more years of experience as an HR assistant or department administrative support role.
- Very strong skills in MS Office software – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint specifically required.
- Workday experience preferred.