Much of the coordinator’s work centers around helping to administer the organization’s health plans, retirement plans, and savings plans including providing information and processing related documentation. Additionally, the benefits coordinator is the Hospital’s liaison between employees and the administrator of pension and retirement plans. The benefits coordinator works with a heavy volume of information that affects a great number of employees, and they must be organized and adhere strictly to all protocols related to records processing and entry. The coordinator must have a detailed knowledge of the employee and management health plan, including tiers or differing packages, as well as how benefit payments work. The coordinator works with employees in contributing earnings to any company-offered retirement and voluntary savings plans.
Duties of the Employee Benefits Coordinator include the following but are not limited to:
- Review and interpreting policies and procedures relating to benefits and sharing information with support staff and employees
- Provide information to employees who call, e-mail or visit, at orientation, seminars, fairs, and assist with notifications to employees regarding benefit changes
- Act as liaison to help resolve issues with benefit enrollments, claims, benefits deductions, and other benefit programs
- Process transactions that are involved such as health insurance enrollments, addition of adopted dependents, domestic partner enrollments, qualified medical support orders, completion of forms relating to the death of an employee, retirements, and correspond with program administrators in writing when required regarding enrollment problems and documentation issues
- Review reports for needed health insurance transactions, corrections and notification to employee or appropriate individual
- Supervise benefits support staff in the processing of transactions and in the absence the Benefits Manager
- Maintain record of benefit policies, procedures, review web site information for changes, and assist with the review of benefits materials for revisions
Required Qualifications: BA/BS. 2 years of benefits administration experience. Strong customer service, writing, problem solving skills. Must be able to interpret complex written materials and explain complex information. Strong computer and spreadsheet skills. High attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Healthcare Administration or related field. SHRM/HRCI Certification. Prior experience effectively working in a high volume benefits area conducting all facets of benefits administration; public sector experience, specifically public sector retirement and benefits.
Special Notes: The Search Committee will begin the review of applications on 04/17/2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine’s Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
|Job Field:||Human Resources|
|Primary Location:||US-NY-East Setauket|
|Department/Hiring Area:||Human Resources|
|Posting Start Date:||Apr 12, 2019|
|Posting End Date:||Ongoing|
|Salary:||Commensurate with experience|