Taylor County High School in Campbellsville, KY is seeking a Full-time Instructional Assistant.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Principal
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 181 days (may vary according to position)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to:
- high school diploma, G.E.D. Certificate or demonstrated progress toward obtaining a G.E.D. as required by Kentucky law
- some experience in working with children in an organized setting.
- achievement of Highly Qualified status by passing the Kentucky Paraeducator Assessment test. (Successful completion of 64 college hours will substitute for paraeducator test.)
Assist a certificated teacher in providing instruction to individual or small groups; monitors and reports student progress.
Instructional Assistant 1 incumbents assist a certificated teacher by performing a variety of support functions in a regular classroom setting. Instructional Assistant II incumbents work within a complex program typically requiring additional skills and characterized by increased independence of action.
- Tutor individuals or small groups of students, reinforcing and implementing instruction as directed by the teacher; maintain records of student progress.
- Participate as member of an instructional team including remediation teams.
- Prepare and organize lessons as directed by the teacher; administer and score a variety of tests according to established guidelines; assist in determining English proficiency of identified students.
- Assist in administering diagnostic and other tests; score and record test information.
- Monitor and report behavior of students according to approved procedures; report progress regarding student performance and behavior; check and assist students with lab work as necessary.
- Perform routine clerical duties such as preparation of instructional and classroom materials; operate copy machines; maintain classroom records; maintain attendance records.
- Provide support to the teacher by setting up work areas, displays and exhibits, operating audio-visual equipment, operating educational training equipment and distributing and collecting paper and supplies.
- Assist in overseeing students while in labs; provide for supplies inventory as necessary.
- Assist students by providing proper examples, emotional support, a friendly attitude and general guidance.
- Confer, as needed, with teachers concerning programs and materials to meet student needs.
- Contact parents of students who are absent; make home visits as necessary.
- Assure the health and safety of students by following health and safety practices and regulations.
- Direct group activities of students as assigned; assist in monitoring lunchroom and playground activities as assigned; assist in emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, and field trips.
- Participate in meeting and in-service training programs as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Basic subjects taught in the District schools, including arithmetic, grammar, spelling, language and reading.
- Safe practices in classroom and playground activities
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Learn child guidance principles and practices.
- Communicate and maintain effective relationships with students, parents, staff and the public including members of ethnic communities.
- Perform routine clerical duties in support of classroom activities.
- Print and write legibly.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Learn procedures, functions and limitations of assigned duties.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Learn to apply and explain policies and procedures related to school and program activities.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Monitor, observe and report student behavior according to approved policies and procedures.
- Operate instructional and office equipment.
Interested applicants may learn more or APPLY ONLINE at: https://taylorcounty.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3469
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Taylor County School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination polices: Title IX Coordinator/Section 504 Coordinator, Taylor County Schools, 1209 East Broadway, Campbellsville, KY 42718 (270) 465-5371.