Position title: Intern – Finance
Company Name: Zebra Technologies
Location of job: Lincolnshire, US-IL
Full time or part time:
We are looking for motivated and people-oriented individuals to work closely with the Zebra Finance team. The key focus areas for this internship may be in Accounting, Finance Operations, Financial Planning & Analysis, Internal Audit, Treasury, Tax, Corporate Real Estate, Indirect Procurement, or another assigned Zebra Finance Function. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position the intern will learn how to apply the skills he / she has learned and apply them in a professional setting through hands-on experiences, networking, and collaboration opportunities.
During the initial weeks of the internship, you will be onboarded to the company, the program, and your assigned functional area. You will be assigned a mentor with whom you will craft goals for the summer.
In the following weeks of the internship, the Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Learning about the Zebra organization as a whole and the Finance department’s strategies and contributions to the company’s mission and vision;
- Actively engaging in the activities specific to an assigned area of Finance focus (i.e., Accounting, Finance Operations, Internal Audit, Treasury, Tax, Corporate Real Estate, Indirect Procurement, etc.);
- Executing transactional activities leveraging Zebra’s portfolio of software applications (i.e., Oracle, Hyperion, Power BI, Workiva, etc.);
- Engagement with cross-functional activities, initiatives, and meetings; and
- Participation in Intern events designed to build relationships, learn about the company, and share experiences with fellow Interns.
Interns will have the opportunity to connect with Finance leaders and network with their peers in Finance and across the Zebra enterprise (i.e., Engineering, Marketing, Human Resources and more).
Benefits of the Role:
Through this internship, the Intern will gain valuable insights into the inter-workings of a publicly traded corporation while also developing an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of their assigned functional area. In addition, this internship will provide exposure to the functionality and use of keys software programs in the business environment and various methods of communication.
- College student pursuing a Bachelors’ Degree in a business-related area of study (i.e., Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain, etc.) or other area of focus which engages problem-solving skills (i.e., Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, etc.) with a GPA of 3.25 (out of 4.0) or higher
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and ability to establish and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Strong motivation to drive results
- Strong analytics skills necessary to plan and prioritize own work on schedule
- Ability to drive and solve problems and suggest proactive actions