US Army Cadet Command Public Affairs Summer Internship: May 29th to Aug 19th
Applications accepted until April 1st. Telephone interviews with potential interns begin in February.
Information about the internship:
• There are 35 slots available – writer, photographer, broadcaster, social media
• This is an unpaid internship, however…
• The army pays for your travel to and from the internship
• Housing is provided on Fort Knox at no cost (2 person rooms)
• Interns are reimbursed for meals at the rate of approximately $38.50 a day
• If you use your personal vehicle for to get to the training sites during work the Army will reimburse mileage at 54 cents per mile at the end of the internship
• Interns work 5 days a week
• All equipment is provided by the Army – Canon 7D SLR, Canon XA10 video cameras, GoPros and iMac i5 or i7 editing systems
• A sound booth is provided for video voice overs
• The team live streams all graduations and end of camp commissioning ceremonies
The internship is designed as a hands on, media work environment. The team covers all aspects of Cadet Summer Training at Fort Knox in a variety of environments from classroom to firing ranges to field training exercises. Interns work in teams to cover training events and conducts research in the training, interviews both subject matter experts and Cadets going through the training, and news products from 60-90 second broadcast stories, articles and photos. Typically producing 4-5 new products a week. Training is provided and cross training in others areas of communication available. There is no requirement to have any military or ROTC background.
Email application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include:
• Cover letter explaining why you want to do this internship, what you hope to get out of it and which job you want to do (ex. Writer, broadcaster, photographer, social media)
• Examples of previous work
• Letters of recommendation (not required)
For more information or to ask questions contact:
Mr. Richard Patters 502-624-5277 email@example.com.