Institution: Jackson Hewitt Tax Service
Location: Covington, KY
Category: Client Support Associate
Under general supervision and in accordance with established company policies and procedures, the Client Support Associate monitors client flow and assists in preliminary data entry and document collection to support an efficient and positive tax preparation experience. This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature. This position promotes the Jackson Hewitt brand through the delivery of superior customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Greets all shoppers or potential clients with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Engages in conversation with potential clients to share information about Jackson Hewitt’s services and promotions.
- Quickly and accurately verifies and enters customers’ personal and Form W-2 information into Jackson Hewitt’s proprietary software.
- Assists with scheduling tax preparation appointments.
- Monitors client flow at the location and keeps clients engaged during periods of wait time.
- Monitors client activity and takes initiative to answer phones and resolve client issues.
- Maintains a positive image and meets all customer service and productivity standards as set by their supervisor.
- Meets set-up deadlines to ensure office locations meet brand/marketing appearance standards in time for office openings.
- Provides equipment service at Jackson Hewitt locations to assemble, repair or teardown furniture, computers, tech or kiosk components using hand tools.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and inviting workplace, this may include removal of trash, vacuuming or sweeping, cleaning counters, cleaning glass, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/ GED, or equivalent related business experience.
- May require state-specific certification associated with handling confidential client information.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in working in a high volume retail environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computer functions required.
- Customer service or sales experience preferred. Physical Demand and Work Effort
- Standing, walking, sitting.
- Must be able to hold, carry and move equipment, tools and materials.
- Must be able to lift up to lift, push, pull or carry up to 55 lbs at one time.
- Near vision – ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of job.
- Compliance with company policies and standards.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends during season, preferred.
- FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt