Position Title: James H. Dunn Jr. Memorial Fellowship
Full-time or Part-time: Full-time
Company Name: Office of Governor Bruce Rauner
Location of job: Springfield, Illinois
Company Address: 207 State House Springfield, Illinois 62706
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Position Description: James H. Dunn Jr. Memorial Fellowship
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. CST
The James H. Dunn, Jr. Memorial Fellowship Program provides bright, highly motivated recent college graduates a unique opportunity to experience firsthand the operations of state government for one year.
Dunn Fellows are recruited from public and private colleges and universities across the nation. Qualified applicants must have completed a bachelor’s or higher graduate degree in the 18 months prior to the program’s commencement and must demonstrate a commitment to excellence through academic honors, leadership ability, extracurricular activities, and community/public service involvement. The program begins on the first weekday in August and ends on July 31st of the following year.
Fellows spend one week of August receiving an orientation to state government including tours, policy discussions, a panel of program alumni, and a brown bag lunch with senior staff, among other activities. After the orientation period, fellows return to their home office to work under the direction of their supervisor.
Dunn Fellows are paid $31,332 annually and receive full state benefits.
Positions in the current 2017-2018 class of Dunn Fellows include:
• Federal Affairs
• General Counsel
• Government Transformation & Metrics
• Governor’s Office of Constituent Affairs
• Legislative Affairs
• Office of Management & Budget
• Policy: Economic Development & Innovation
• Policy: Education
• Policy: Health, Human Services, & Public Safety
• Public Engagement & Intergovernmental Affairs
A majority of Fellows will be based in Springfield, with limited placements in Chicago and Washington, D.C.
Through the James H. Dunn, Jr. Memorial Fellowship Program, we hope to accomplish the following:
• Offer a governmental initiative to meet the public sector’s future needs for competent administrators
• Provide a public sector management training program that encourages talented recent college graduates to consider careers in state government
• Enable recent college graduates to supplement their academic background with practical experience in areas such as legislative policy analysis and government program administration
• Enable recent college graduates to play an ever-increasing role in state government, as new fellows enter public service and many former fellows advance into management positions
For questions, contact: Gov.DunnFellowshipApp@illinois.gov
Contact Name: Denise Albert
Website Address for Applying Online: http://www.illinois.gov/gov/about/opportunities/Pages/default.aspx