WAVE 3 News, the NBC Affiliate and Kentucky Derby Station in Louisville, KY, and Gray Television, the second largest broadcast company in the country is seeking an engaged, competitive and highly knowledgeable Local Sales Manager. A legacy station being the first in Kentucky and 41st in the nation, WAVE 3 News sets the standard for quality, excellence and serving the community in the Louisville market. Louisville, the internationally known “Derby City” is also home to outstanding Culinary, Arts and Bourbon scenes, Louisville Slugger Museum and Bat Factory, UPS Worldwide hub, The Greatest Muhammad Ali, and has a very rich history, founded in 1778. WAVE 3 News mantra of More. Local. Now. is followed each day by our outstanding team. Learn more about WAVE 3 News at wave3.com
- The Local Sales Manager at WAVE 3 News is responsible for overseeing all Local revenue for the station while leading a team of sellers and support staff in a positive and collaborative way.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Guide and oversee the Local Sales Teams’ selling efforts to achieve revenue goals with both Agency and Direct clients across all of our available platforms.
- Help develop and implement client focused advertising plans, new products and effective sales presentations to generate New Local Direct Business.
- Assist Account Executives with Ad Agency spot negotiation business to maximize share of business and to sell sponsorships and promotions.
- Maintain effective internal systems and processes to ensure proper development of new and existing accounts and to help keep sellers on track to achieve their New Local Developed Business goals.
- Develop and maintain excellent Local Advertiser and Agency relationships making sales calls both on your own and with Account Executives.
- Manage inventory control, rate structure, and keep orders flowing into the traffic system
- Create and maintain Local Sales budgets. Track and accurately forecast pending business.
- Coach and train the sales team by keeping them up to date on product knowledge, leading positively by example.
- Interact with Creative Services, Marketing, Promotions and News teams on Sales related events and initiatives
- Have fun and celebrate wins!
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Local Broadcast Sales Management and a proven track record of leadership and sales success.
- Thorough understanding and a proven track record of success in Broadcast Spot TV advertising sales including development of New Local Direct Business and Ad Agency Spot and Share negotiation.
- Very good understanding of Digital Sales and Digital environment including Targeted Display, social media, OTT / Connected TV, Email marketing, SEO and Paid Search.
- Well versed and adept in Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of TV station inventory and how it works, Wide Orbit experience a plus.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Passion for selling teaching, coaching, and leading.
- Track record of creative idea generation.
- Valid Driver’s license, and good driving record required.
- College Degree preferred or extensive industry experience.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening , you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”