WHAS11 in Louisville, KY is looking for a results-driven, solutions-based Major Accounts Sales Manager. This position is responsible for leading the regional, national, and political sales efforts for WHAS11. In addition to managing the sales efforts of our dedicated group at TEGNA National Sales, you are also responsible for sales of our digital suite of products including Premion, an industry first one-stop-shop for OTT, to our regional client base.
You will be responsible for developing and executing a sales strategy for creating demand. The right individual for this position will be charged with helping TEGNA National Sales expand & develop business by delivering customer solutions through an integrated suite of platforms and solutions. The position requires developing and implementing a strategy to grow revenue shares of agency and digital accounts by creating opportunities to develop new business to achieve quarterly and annual budgets. The position reports to the Director of Sales.
- General supervision and responsibility for all national sales efforts. This includes communicating a clear direction of our expectations and strategies.
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities leading a team of people.
- Plan, develop and execute on a strategy to achieve revenue goals by increasing shares of business for WHAS11 on existing accounts.
- Manage all political and advocacy advertising and negotiations with TNS and direct agency accounts. This requires a complete fluency in the rules and regulations surrounding political for candidates and issue advertisers.
- Provide and maintain TNS with pertinent performance information including rate, ratings information, and pertinent research information necessary in selling WHAS11.
- Manage all Paid Programming avails and placement.
- Travel to, build and maintain successful relationships with reps, buyers, planners, and clients.
- Act as marketing consultant to regional and national accounts utilizing station marketing and merchandising materials in developing marketing plans, co-promotions, and vendor programs.
- Build relationships with top regional clients and being active in the community.
- Management of station support to assure timely handling of pre-empts and makegoods.
- Work closely with the Director of Sales and the Local Sales Manager in pricing and managing inventory to effectively sell WHAS11 to all accounts – regional and national.
- Develop incremental revenue opportunities for new and existing national advertisers as they relate to all platforms.
- Sell station sports and specials.
- Assist the Director of Sales with special projects as assigned.
- Network nationally, regionally, and locally to stay updated on emerging media sales trends, rates, and product solutions.
- Participate in all local & digital weekly sales meetings.
- Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts as required.
- Proven results in fast-changing, dynamic environments.
- Agility and forward-thinking strategies for success.
- Develop short-term, mid-term and long-term business plan for national and regional business.
Here’s what you need:
- Proven track record in television sales management preferred; digital sales management experience is a plus.
- Successful track record of managing political adverting preferred.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance.
- Strong presenter and communicator with internal and external customers and partners.
- Strategic thinker and disciplined executor comfortable developing and making recommendations to senior management.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Wide Orbit Sales, Salesforce, Wide Orbit Traffic & Wide Orbit Analytics, ComScore, Matrix, Media Monitors, and qualitative data.
- Documented record of exceeding activity and revenue goals.
- College degree preferred.
Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JmWFVoGB