Position: Tegna Marketing Director (WHAS11 News)
- At least 8 years consumer advertising and promotion experience with promotion-specific record of success in the television/news industry, brand management, or marketing/digital/advertising agency. Experience creating and measuring integrated advertising campaigns supported by an outstanding creative ability and an exceptional portfolio (link to reel required).
- Firsthand, working knowledge of on-air and digital promotion production techniques, and familiarity with current production and photography trends.
- Experience translating broadcast designs and concepts to interactive digital and social media campaigns. Has a track record of successfully strengthening brands by applying tenets of branding, brand consistency and creative cohesion.
- Hands-on experience in marketing content on both linear and non-linear platforms, including utilizing and optimizing display marketing campaign; retargeting, social media, mobile marketing, etc.
- Experience with on-air planning and ability to manage and maximize station’s promotional inventory in order to drive viewership and other business goals.
- Proven track record of developing and producing revenue-driving client campaigns.
- Strong media planner and buyer who understands co-op spending and can build strong partnerships with network, syndication and other 3rd
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency within a deadline oriented fast paced team environment and juggle multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Comfortable working non-traditional hours to compete in breaking news situations.
- Excellent manager capable of managing up, down and across. Able to manage teams of both strategic and creative personnel.
Key components of this include:
- Conceptualizing and engineering the creation of compelling, multiplatform, original station image, news and entertainment programming and commercial campaigns and when necessary, execute all visual elements personally. Based on sound strategy outlined in creative briefs, campaigns must clearly and creatively reach stated goals and reinforce the value of the station’s brand. Concepts must work in all media including TV, digital, social, mobile.
- Proactively creating opportunities for audiences to connect with our content by developing annual and quarterly strategic plans, prioritizing key marketing messages and generating breakthrough concepts and strategies.
- Developing and implementing audience development strategies by applying research insights, data and analytics to marketing activations, including but not limited to content partnerships, digital marketing efforts and more.
- Identifying and championing strategic, cross-department (such as news, social, corporate) and cross-business unit marketing tie-in efforts for maximum positive brand impact, marketplace visibility and revenue generation.
- Leading a team of creative personnel to perfection in terms of execution and directly supervising employees in the promotions department including but not limited to hiring great people, training, disciplining and appraising performance of employees.
- Supporting local sales teams in generating non-traditional revenue dollars.
Apply Online URL: