Taylor County High School in Campbellsville, KY is hiring for a Full Time Math Teacher.
RESPONSIBLE TO: PRINCIPAL OR OTHER APPROPRIATE ADMINISTRATORS
QUALIFICATIONS: AS SET BY BOARD AND STATE CERTIFICATION AUTHORITIES (TEACHER CERTIFICATION)
To instruct pupils in academic, social, behavioral and educational core content/skills of assigned subject and student grade level and help students in making determination of career and vocational choices.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Teaches the Kentucky Core Content and District Curriculum at the assigned grade level
- Displays Core Content being taught daily
- Models effective teaching practices and maintains a professional demeanor
- Performs ongoing, frequent and specific assessments to gauge the learning of students
- Models the characteristics of professional behavior
- Instructs effectively with technology and teaches tools of technology within coursework
- Modifies instruction for students with disabilities, gifted students, 504 students PSP, or students with modification plans.
- Demonstrates professional etiquette to colleagues and is a contributing member of the school’s community
- Actively involves parents in their child’s education, including the provision of frequent indicators of progress
- Implements Infinite Campus.
- Confers with students, parents, and school counselor/administrator to resolve student concerns
- Selects, stores, orders, issues, cares for and inventories equipment, materials, and supplies used in the classroom
- Supervises students, including activities such as field trips and school-related programs
- Fosters cooperative social behavior to assist children in forming satisfying relationships with other children and adults
- Instruct students in multiple intelligence modes targeting various learning styles
- Instructs children in practices of personal cleanliness and self care
- Maintains a welcoming, orderly, safe and attractive physical environment in the classroom
- Establishes and maintains high standards of student behavior
- Annually completes and implements an Individualized Professional Growth Plan
- Participates in ongoing professional development
- Assumes out of class responsibilities
- Set goals and objectives, plan learning activities related to the goals and objectives in order to teach the skills and/or content materials and evaluate and report the progress of the pupils assigned to him/her
- Prepare unit plans, goals and objectives and learning objectives using the adopted curriculum guide for each subject area and class
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Be clean, neat and professionally dressed
- Be consistently responsible-maintaining regular punctual attendance and timely completion of assigned duties, working assigned contract and extended days and using sick and personal leave appropriately.
- Maintain professional interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy and cooperative effective relationships with others consistently displaying self-control, honesty and credibility with parents, students, visitors and school personnel.
- Act as a district liaison demonstrating positive behavior, interest and concern toward the programs, purposes, goals and efficient operation of the Taylor County Public Schools.
- Follow the procurement guidelines and purchase order process.
- Disseminate information/resources in areas of responsibilities.
- Supervises and provides performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
- Maintain proper care and safe use of district equipment and property.
*For more information or TO APPLY, please visit: https://taylorcounty.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3353