Primary Industry: Broadcasting-Radio-TV
Manage Others: No
Vacancy Type: Full-Time
Date Posted: 08/03/2022
Closing Date: 11/30/2022
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
URL Address: http://www.whas11.com
Experience: 1 Year(s)
Details: WHAS, the TENGA-owned ABC affiliate in Louisville, KY is seeking a talented meteorologist to join our WHAS11 First Alert Storm Team. You’ll serve as meteorologist for weekend newscasts.
It’s the city that hosts the Kentucky Derby, the Bourbon Trail, and often March Madness. It’s also a big news city, with a strong culture of local journalism. It’s also a market with four seasons. From sun to snow, you’ll forecast it all!
You must have a passion of meteorology. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and understand the importance of owning the big weather story every single day. You must be able to successfully engage with audiences on all platforms. Your goal is to create an experience for your audience on air and online.
- Provide accurate weather forecasts using the most accurate technology in a multi-platform environment
- Create digital and social content multiple times a day and create differentiated weather segments for broadcast
- Produce clean and informative graphics to tell the weather story
- Interact live with the audience on multiple platforms, especially during severe or disruptive weather
- Communicate and guide the content teams for aggressive, smart weather coverage when our consumers need it on all platforms
- Work in the field to show various elements of severe weather situations
- Make public appearances
- Perform other tasks as required by the chief and other news managers
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorology preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years on-air experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate weather forecasts using the latest weather technology in a multi-platform environment
- Exceptional online and social media skills
- Must actively participate in social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Knowledge of WSI necessary
- Travel: Rarely, less than 10%
- Work environment: Office, normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands: Set, sedentary work, involves: sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
About TENGA: TENGA Inc., (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TENGA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TENGA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TENGA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TENGA Marketing solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TENGA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TENGAcom.
TENGA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) again the coronavirus.
EEO Statement: TENGA Inc., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status, or genetic information. TENGA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations. #LI-AO1, #LI-AM1
Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JbCaQiAg