Objective: Seeking Student Minister Our objective is attracting a permanent theology student minister. However, in the interim, we also need fill-in guest ministers. If your theology students want some hands-on experience to add to their resume, they may be interested in teaching our Adult Sunday School Class (10:00) and the Sermon (11-12:00 service). Payment for fill-ins is $100 per Sunday.
Church: Boston Christian Church (BCC), 195 Petersburg Road, Boston, KY 40107
Denomination: Disciples of Christ
Profile: Boston is a rural community in Nelson County. Population: approx 500. 12 miles from Bardstown and Elizabethtown, 40 miles from Louisville. Boston has Elementary School (K-8). Easy access to I-65 and Bluegrass Parkway.
Average Church Attendance: 25. At present time, minimal youth attendance.
* Conduct one worship service on Sunday 11:00-12:00, and lead one adult Sunday school class beforehand.
* Conduct evening worship service during week as applicable.
* Provide pastoral counseling as needed.
* Visit the sick and shut-ins.
* Visit active and inactive church members, and persons in surrounding community to encourage church attendance and participation.
* Develop programs/methods to improve church attendance and church education.
* Attend monthly board meetings and present monthly report on number of consultations, home visits, hospital visits, funerals, weddings.
Salary: Monthly salary is negotiable based upon experience and duties performed. Compensation includes monthly salary, annual and sick leave.
Requirements: Applicant must be enrolled as PT or FT student, pursuing degree program (AA, BA, Master’s). Must provide resume with SSN and references, plus college transcripts. Will be subject to criminal investigation check and interview by pulpit committee. Committee makes recommendation to church board, and vote is taken by congregation.
Other: Position is currently vacant. Resumes should be postmarked/mailed NLT 20 Oct 2018 to Boston Christian Church, P.O. Box 13, Boston, KY 40107 (ATTN: R. Parish). Any questions should be directed to Ms. Parish at 270-723-3975.