Are you a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ who is in fellowship with a bible-believing church who wants to make a difference through involvement in the global advance of Christʼs Kingdom? If you are looking for meaningful work within an organizational culture that values each and every team member, this may be the role for you.
About TEAM: TEAM – The Evangelical Alliance Mission is a global Christian ministry organization founded in 1890 that partners with churches to equip and send global workers who make disciples of Jesus Christ among the nations.TEAM is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. For this reason, TEAM has the right to, and does, hire only candidates who wholeheartedly and without reservation agree with TEAMʼs Statement of Faith.
About the Role: The purpose of the Missions Coach role is to contribute to the mobilization of Christʼs church to Great Commission obedience by bringing about increased involvement, understanding, and commitment to missions generally and TEAM in particular. Because this job does require some travel, TEAM leadership will require this position to reside in an area with access to an international airport. Preference may be given to candidates residing in locations with key local mobilization opportunities, such as proximity with ministry organizations and colleges.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Casting a compelling missions vision for those presently looking to engage with missions
- Representing TEAM and recruiting new missionaries from resource pools such as campuses, churches, missions focused groups, and other venues while actively maintaining relationships with potential missionaries; Wisely coaching candidates as they seek and obey God
- Staying informed of TEAMʼs international ministry needs and opportunities; Working with potential missionaries to identify appropriate opportunities to serve within TEAM
- Guiding the application process for missionary candidates
- Interviewing and assessing readiness for international ministry, which includes having critical conversations with maturity and discretion about sensitive subject matters as it pertains to the candidatesʼ fit with TEAM
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of activities and interaction with contacts according to TEAMʼs established mobilization procedures
- Debrief with missionaries and/or groups as needed
- Contribute positively to the Mobilization Team through the collaboration of ideas and tasks, encouragement and input towards fellow team members, follow through on assigned tasks, eagerness to participate in team meetings and activities
Qualifications of the Role:
This is a ministerial position and the following ministry-related qualifications are of paramount importance:
- Able to cast a biblical missions vision for those presently unengaged in missions
- Able to provide godly coaching and direction to those presently moving towards missionary service
- Able to assess the missionary candidateʼs overall maturity and readiness (spiritual, emotional, etc.) for international service with TEAM
- Able to resource and serve the local church in their efforts to mobilize their own people towards missionary service
The candidate must also:
- Have a Bachelorʼs degree with a preferred focus in Religion, Missions, Intercultural, or Nonprofit Management
- Have experience in cross-cultural missions or mission activities; previous assessment experience preferred
- Demonstrate enough technological proficiency to
○ effectively manage a heavy email load
○ communicate through email and video conferencing
○ keep accurate records of inquiries, meetings, etc.
- Be able to easily and effectively establish relationships and maintain a large number of ongoing relationships
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively in person, in writing, and on the phone
- Be accountable, organized, and self-motivated in managing time and prioritizing work-related tasks
- Have a deep understanding of and ability to converse about essential doctrines of the Christian faith, missiology, discipleship, and a non-profit organizationʼs role is serving the church in the Great Commission task
- Have experience working with teams and has demonstrated themselves to be a team player with a positive attitude, a good listener, and passionate about serving God and others; able to function well independently and in a team setting
- Be able to track the details related to scheduling, budgets, mobilization events, follow-up, etc.
- Be skilled in paying attention to details, asking insightful and probing questions and discerning issues that would be potential flags/risks
- Be able to navigate spiritually sensitive conversations with maturity and discretion
For additional information and application instructions, please visit us at: