WBKO-TV, an ABC, FOX, CW affiliate in Bowling Green, KY, has an immediate opening for a Part-time Multi-Media Journalist who can edit video, post stories for the web, and write for newscasts. The successful candidate will also be trained to produce a newscast and/or report as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Provide content for daily live newscast as well as mobile platforms.
- Work to gather and edit compelling video and sound.
- Develop a network of sources.
- Contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day.
- Work a variable schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills including excellent news writing and visual story-telling ability.
- Should be able to coordinate news crews and content to deliver the best live show possible under daily deadline pressure.
- Creativity a must.
- Previous experience preferred.
- College degree in journalist or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Drug screen required.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.