The National Sales Manager for WAVE 3 and our sister station WFIE in Evansville, IN is responsible for overseeing all National revenue for the two stations, driving share and creating demand with Media Buyers, Planners and Supervisors throughout the country by selling the value of our products. The National Sales Manager will also handle all Political advertising for the stations.
Guide and oversee the National Sales revenue efforts of WAVE 3 and WFIE to achieve our goals with Agency Buyers, Planners and Supervisors while also making contact with the Local client decision makers.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement strategic National plans.
- Drive share growth through creativity and collaborating on customized solutions for our clients outside of traditional spot dollars.
- Maintain effective internal systems and processes to ensure smooth operation of the two station’s National Desks.
- Making in-person market calls when able to so we continue to develop personal relationships with National agencies.
- Help manage inventory control, have input into rate structure, and keep orders flowing into the traffic system.
- Track and accurately forecast pending business.
- Interact with Creative Services, Marketing, Promotions and News teams on Sales related events and initiatives when needed.
- Have fun and celebrate wins!
- Minimum of three years’ experience in National Broadcast Sales Management or minimum of five years’ experience in Transactional Broadcast TV Sales Management and a proven track record of leadership, budget attainment and sales success.
- Thorough understanding and a proven track record of success in Broadcast Spot TV agency sales and successful negotiation skills.
- Be able to share examples of creative sales, outside of spot negotiation, in driving revenue and share.
- Well versed and adept in Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of TV station inventory and how it works, Wide Orbit experience a plus
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Passion for selling and leading the charge in your arena.
- Track record of creative idea generation.
- Valid Driver’s license, and good driving record required.
- College Degree preferred or extensive industry experience.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening , you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”