Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAVE 3 News is the NBC affiliate for Louisville, KY. We are Kentucky’s first television station, and we lead the way in connecting the people of WAVE Country. We offer nearly 60 hours of local television news per week, 40 hours of live programming in the field throughout the week of the Kentucky Derby, and coverage on digital, social, and OTT channels throughout the day.
WAVE 3 News is looking for a dynamic and creative newscast producer who will thrive in a highly-competitive environment. The ideal candidate will have a clear vision for their assigned newscast but will have the ability to take over any other newscast on a given day.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Qualified applicants will have experience producing compelling, informative newscasts.
- We’re seeking a producer with a diverse skill set and a comfort working in a fast-paced newsroom environment.
- Enthusiastic producers with a four-year college degree, strong news judgment and the ability to multi-task. multiple tasks at once without much supervision are encouraged to apply.
- The ideal producer is one with prior newsroom experience who can thrive in a breaking news environment in which priorities and assignments change frequently.
- At least two years newsroom experience
- Four-year college degree
- Strong, accurate writer
- Solid news judgment
- Experience with ENPS, Edius and ARC would be a plus
- Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Experience Required:2 years in the newsroom
*Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and click on “apply now.” We also encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter.
Gray Television pr.ovides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.