We’re looking for a producer who can create informative, engaging & memorable newscasts . Our producers are more than show stackers – they are seeking out and producing impactful content. You must understand the importance of winning weather and owning the big story of the day. This position requires leadership and solid decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Create informative, engaging & memorable newscasts
- Write in a captivating, conversational, and concise style.
- Be able to control & monitor breaking news and weather situations.
- Develop original content ideas through social listening and independent sources.
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Use creative production techniques to enhance stories. Build graphics and use effectively in shows.
- Line-produce live newscast.
- Communicate with anchors/reporters, assignment desk, field crews, production team, and others to ensure execution of a high-quality newscast.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
Experience: 1 Year(s)
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related.
- Minimum of 1years’ experience producing/line producing for newscasts, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered.
- Perform other tasks as required by Executive Producer & Senior Producer.
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook.
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines.
- Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations, and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JJzgBIaA